Respected Contributor

Five males entered a Macungie, PA Ulta carrying bags and grabbed $20,000 worth of merchandise in 40 seconds.

Police believe the items will be sold on the internet. 

Is this happening worldwide, or just here in the US? 

Honored Contributor

scary--  horrible time for retail,owners and workers.  

How many days until we see posters on various social media sites crowing about the great buys they found on the Internet?

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

scary--  horrible time for retail,owners and workers.  

How many days until we see posters on various social media sites crowing about the great buys they found on the Internet?

Yep !  and Thanks to the poster for putting this crime out there. 

I don't buy any cosmetics off the internet unless it's QVC or HSN.  Thank goodness I have not had any issues with cosmetics (except ONCE 20 yrs ago) and I am assured I would be able to return without a problem.

I feel comfortable seeing the vendor on TV and the promise of a no-hassle return.

Honored Contributor

@sktchy   whatever I can buy locally I do.  I know nothing insures total safety, but I feel as if I get a bit by shopping face to face.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess there is no way to stop them.  When I go into my usual places, Walmart, Costco and a few local grocery stores I  feel relatively safe.  I do own pepper spray and a very loud safety alarm... but I have not carried them yet because I am worried I will injure myself. LOL   

There is general sentiment that  THEY will not be caught and if caught will be let go.  Law and order has been very very very  compromised at the expense of good citizens just trying to do the right thing and living from day to day in these times.  

Respected Contributor

I just don't understand what's going on anymore. What is happening? 

Super Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I just don't understand what's going on anymore. What is happening? 

I don't know but it makes me leary of going to any big box store. It also happened at a Home Depot for goodness sake's. I do shop locally mom & pop stores but they're dwindling on Main Street. I order online from the bigger retailers since they ship for free and delivery is within a few days. I hope this recent trend of looting will end after the Christmas holidays. Stay safe! 

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I guess there is no way to stop them.  When I go into my usual places, Walmart, Costco and a few local grocery stores I  feel relatively safe.  I do own pepper spray and a very loud safety alarm... but I have not carried them yet because I am worried I will injure myself. LOL   

There is general sentiment that  THEY will not be caught and if caught will be let go.  Law and order has been very very very  compromised at the expense of good citizens just trying to do the right thing and living from day to day in these times.  

I too am afraid if I carry pepper spray ect it will be accidentally discharged.  I was in a closed car with a girlfriend who did just that.  It was awful.  Thank goodness it was in a Target parking lot and someone got some milk and water to help us out.  

Respected Contributor

I’ve noticed a couple stores here lock their door and an employee lets you in when they see someone at the door.  I could see this practice helping to deter but maybe not in all instances.  

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic I can see this becoming the normal sequence soon to go into a store!

It's so sad what's happening in this country, thugs just taking over and no one cares or does anything about it.........I'll stop here so as not to be poofed.