Esteemed Contributor

Re: UK Women forced to wear high heels to work

If I were there and told that then Id have been fired long ago! lol. I havent been able to wear heels for 15 years b/c of my back issues. And I mean not even a 1 inch heel. So I find that law sexist and ridiculous!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U

Shorty, I hear you!  No heels for me, I can

t even put my foot in one...doesn't bend.  Just think, 8 years ago I was wearing platforms, and NOW????  Well Gladys Ormsby's shoes are even too tall.  I wonder if her shoe comes in a flat?

Trusted Contributor

High heels, to me are the epitome of ladylike dressing. I wore heels as a sales associate at retail stores. Running from one dep't to another, no big deal.  When I was in work attire I wore a 6 1/2B, when in an evening gown, it was 8 eee  over 8eeee.  The look just finishes the outfit.  Pantyhose, of course!!!!!  At home sandals or barefoot, that may be why I don't have a bunion.  I love high heels, not those platform heels.   P.S.  They were also pointed toed, I don't like round toed shoes.  70 yrears old or young depending on my mood.-----tedEbear

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tedEbear wrote:

@beckyb1012-----Were Julia's feet painted black or just her toenails?  Just curious.------tedEbear

Just saw your post this morning after the week-end.  People magazine showed photo and had an article that said the black toenails.  You could see a bit of the black.  Looked good to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."