Trusted Contributor

Boris Johnson announced a new phase "stay alert" which will allow people to go out for exercise more than once a day.  People are encouraged to start thinking about going back to work, although mass transit should still be avoided and some businesses are not opening up, and it isn't certain what day they should start back to work.

You can play sports, but only with the people you live with.

The other countries comprising the UK - Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland have decided to stick with "stay home" for now, and consider that Boris Johnson was speaking for England.

It must be demoralizing to have to live with such a chaotic government.  

It is a work in progress, for sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: UK New Phase - Stay Alert

Why would it be demoralizing?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1I think if they feel they're not getting good leadership, it becomes harder to plan a new normal -  and yes, I do think that's demoralizing.

What I'm not sure of is whether this applies to the UK as a whole -  because I really don't know that all the countries in it actually follow Johnson in England or whether they have their own more local leadership.

In our country because it's so huge and so diverse, I'm trying to watch my local leaders more than those responsible for the whole country.  Even within my state - we're dealing with vastly different ways of coping, again because different areas are themselves so different.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  I would think Northern Ireland and Scotland/Wales must have their own annex government.  There is no way the government in London could go on a megaphone and rule the other countries.  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The OP did mention that the other countries are leaving the stay-home mandate in place.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland