Honored Contributor

Re: UK Mother's Day Cards to 'Granny' Diana

I have a really hard time thinking of Dianna as "granny".  It just doesn't seem possible. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Janey2 

Off topic. They make these cards for William every year.

Do you mean for Diana? I don't recall them ever making the cards public, if they do make them every year. They seem to be very insistent upon privacy regarding Diana.

@Greeneyedlady21 

I recall they have done this and then the boys (Wills & Harry) celebrate her life and they have a ceremony for her.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I have read before that George is a very talented artist and that appears to be the case. I'm esp impressed with the birds flying skyward and the tree with the crooked trunk on his card. Well done, George.

Hmmm the writing of Charlotte and George looks very similar even though she is only 5 and he is 7.

no way a five year old wrote all of that in cursive. not even sure many seven year olds could do all of that? it could be that george wrote that for charlotte, if he is that adept. of course, someone else could have written all of that for them......their words, someone elses cursive.

@sunshine45 

I could have at 5.

Honored Contributor

Since Diana and JFK were both so memorialized, it is hard for some to think of JFK as being 103 but he would be had he lived.  It's not hard to imagine Jackie that age as she was  senior citizen when she passed.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I have read before that George is a very talented artist and that appears to be the case. I'm esp impressed with the birds flying skyward and the tree with the crooked trunk on his card. Well done, George.

Hmmm the writing of Charlotte and George looks very similar even though she is only 5 and he is 7.

no way a five year old wrote all of that in cursive. not even sure many seven year olds could do all of that? it could be that george wrote that for charlotte, if he is that adept. of course, someone else could have written all of that for them......their words, someone elses cursive.

@sunshine45 

I could have at 5.

@Nonametoday 

that is great.....we did not even start learning cursive until 2nd grade.....when we were 7/8 years old.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a really hard time thinking of Dianna as "granny".  It just doesn't seem possible. 

@Kachina624  That's because we will always think of her as 36 yrs old.

Respected Contributor

@PearleeI totally agree about Georges talent.  Impressive that he caught the Hill THROUGH the budding branches of the tree.  Light and shadow play.  God job for a seven year old! 

It also would not amaze me to find the children wrote those words themselves.  They are in for a lifetime of communication.  Writing would be a manditory skill. 

Glad they are being reminded of their Grandmother Diana and that She is Papa's Mommy. 

Honored Contributor

Harry calls Charles Pa so it wouldn't surprise me that William's kids call him Papa.

I know about Harry because I heard lipreaders say after the wedding that Harry whipered "Thank you Pa" to Charles after he walked Meghan down  the aisle. I also heard either H or M say in an interview that on zoom calls Archie calls Charles Pa, I assume mimicking how he heard Harry address Charles.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 

I could have at 5.

@Nonametoday 

that is great.....we did not even start learning cursive until 2nd grade.....when we were 7/8 years old.

@sunshine45 

I read before I attended school.  My neighbor on the left was a teacher and the neighbor two doors on the right was a teacher.  They each had children that I played with and we all learned to read by age 4.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 

I could have at 5.

@Nonametoday 

@sunshine45 

Two neighbors teachers.  Their children were my friends.  We learned to read by age 4.  I started school just after I turned 6 and I was sent to 2nd grade.  That was back when you could progress if you were ready whether you were emotionally ready or not.