Honored Contributor

Re: UGH.....people just seem to get "ruder & ruder"😡😡😡

@DiAnne wrote:

This is one of the reasons I do not shop at Walmart.

What's shopping at Walmart have to do with it?  I've encountered rude people in various places.  I shop at Walmart now and then however would not be rude to anyone there or elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne

What nonsense. The OP was at Walmart, wasn't she?

I guess you've never been to a grocery store, mall, or heard about rude and aggressive drivers on the road. Aren't you the lucky one, that you can avoid all of those settings.

@Still Raining

I don't know what you're trying to imply (wait...I do), but there aren't two sides to THIS story.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

This is one of the reasons I do not shop at Walmart.

@DiAnne   Because only Walmart has rude people?

Image result for emoji head scratch

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

No sense responding to her.  Guarantee she isn't listening and even if she hears it, the remark will roll right over her head.

A person like that is right and the world is wrong.  She isn't going to go home and feel sorry for what she did.

It isn't about being afraid of a person with a weapon; it is just simply a waste of time, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

A few weeks ago people that shopped at Meijer got tagged as rude! Guess what? Rude people are everywhere, and so are polite, nice people

You can condemn everyone ,for what some people do...look for nice people they are there. ..

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

To be honest I have never been to Walmart.  I don't even know where one is but I keep hearing about it.  I can't remember anytime I have encountered rude people where I regularly shop.

Respected Contributor

I went to Trader Joe's this morning for the first time and had a wonderful experience. It was crowded but the employees, shoppers and check out girl were so nice and helpful. I got compliments on my clothes too. 

It made my day! ☼☼☼

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@Cakers3 

To be honest I have never been to Walmart.  I don't even know where one is but I keep hearing about it.  I can't remember anytime I have encountered rude people where I regularly shop.

@DiAnne  @Cakers3 

No, Walmart isnt the only place where you can encounter rude people....but they do have a reputation and frankly they had to do something to earn it!!!

Not so much the customers, but its the employees of the Walmart closest to me that have won that distinction....

We were looking at items on a shelf and an employee came up to us and YELLED and I do mean YELLED, "you better put the stuff back EXACTLY as I had it, I just straightened that shelf up"......  In all my years of shopping never ever encountered something like this....

A cashier had an argument with the Store Manager puttig him in a canterkous mood, and he took it out on my order and slaming items down as he rang them up and muttering under his breath about the Manager....Hey Im innocent here....just trying to buy a few things....

Cashiers fighting with one another as to who was supposed to be on the register and who was supposed to be stocking....holding up the long line as they argued and certainly that's not professional doing this in front of customers....

Employees standing in the aisle arguing about who got what schedule...politely asked if I could squeeze in and get by...and if looks could kill..

And I could go on....

Funny how I never encountered employee's acting like this at any other retailer---not at Target, TJ's, Tuesday Morning, Marshall's, Ross, Home Goods, The Dollar Store etc etc....This is why Walmart has acquired this  reputation .  Now to be fair, not all Walmarts are like this---there's one at the edge of city limits thats quite nice and a pleasant place to shop.....and another across town....but no one can top the one near me...and we live in a nice part of town...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Because incidents like these seem to be more common at WM, they should have more visible security there...more than the 80 year-old rent-a-cops they have at the WM near me. I think people who are so hair-trigger rude like the woman who was so rude to you, use zero self control because they think their victims won’t make a scene by reacting...sometimes she is right.
Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I went to Trader Joe's this morning for the first time and had a wonderful experience. It was crowded but the employees, shoppers and check out girl were so nice and helpful. I got compliments on my clothes too. 

It made my day! ☼☼☼

@luvmyteddy4  I occasionally go to 2 different TJ's --not close enough to shop weekly -- but worth the little trip now and then. Some of the most efficient , helpful , and nice employees anywhere. The ringing bell can scare one the first time shopping though. Smiley Happy I love the little carts they supply for the wee ones.