Honored Contributor

Re: UGH.....people just seem to get "ruder & ruder"😡😡😡

There are people in this very thread who (probably hopefully jokingly) advocated violence as a response to the aggression. Anyone who talks all big like this, you do realize you're on the same Team Aggresssion as the nasty lady who was mean to the original poster, right?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

First (and more importantly) I hope your hand feels better.

I watch LivePD on A&E channel and it's amazing the various calls they get about things people do at Walmarts. Deficating, things like that.

I go to the one nearest my house.  It does draw quite a variety (yes, let's call it that...a variety) of people.

I don't shop in other department stores, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

There have been times when I've wanted to just leave the cart and walk out of the store.  

But I don't think it's just Walmarts.  I think people are just rude in general.

Recently, two times young men have held the door open for me (as opposed to letting it shut in my face).

It's such a pleasure when someone takes the time to do something nice for another person.

I always make a big deal out of it and say "thank you" very loudly.

I remember a time when kindness was the norm not the exception.

Esteemed Contributor

It would be wonderful to see a video, with sound, of the occurrence.  Perhaps get a statement from the other party too.  Things are rarely completely cut and dried.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain.  We were discussing this last night.  We pay to have seats in a small seating area of a concert venue we go to because I cannot stand for a 3-5 hour concert due to arthitis.  Well some jerk and his girlfriend show up late and are at the table next to us.  She stays seated and he proceeds to stand in front of our table, so as not to block her view.  We asked him nicely to please move as I could only see his back and not the performers.  He (was drunk when he arrived) and basically said tough.  So I went and stood in the area his girlfriend was looking through so she'd have to look at my New England Patriots jacket for the show or stand as I had to.  So she had to stand the whole time like me.

I didn't understand why people pay to be in the seated area and then stand and then be a jerk.  I could not do that to someone.  And as you mentioned - a lot of that kind of stuff happens at WM.  I've seen people using those handicap riding carts who just ride it to the exit where people walk out the store, get off, and leave the cart blocking the egress.  There was a local professor who studied the loss of civility in our society over the decades and he was right.  People are angry, mean, and selfish which makes is so nice when you still run into a nice person :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are a right to carry state...so you never know who is packin’....people like this are not worth the energy. Am not surprised this happened at WM. I have seen several altercations like this..fortunately, not involving myself. I hope you reported it to management since they may have her on camera from previous incidents...she can be banned from the store if they choose.

Honored Contributor

I usually don’t know the age of most people I encounter online so have no way to know if rudeness is related to someone’s age....I think rudeness does not discriminate against any age. All ages can act like this if they were not raised right.
Valued Contributor

She's lucky that you're a nice person. If she said that to the wrong person who had a weapon on them, she would be really really sorry right now. Ive heard so many stories like these where one tries to do a good deed and it gets a rude response. I would just keep my business to my self from now on. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

I also live in a state that allows concealed weapons.

For the record, I never escalate this to another level, ie, ask for video, have person banned from store, contact police, etc.

This is the world we live in.  NOT that it's right BUT it's the reality.

I don't know why she got upset perhaps she doesn't have empathy, embarrassed that it happened, or more but walking away was best for everyone.

And honestly, I've been called worse at my job for 25 years working in correctional facilities especially from juveniles🤷‍♀️

I'm fine!  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

It would be wonderful to see a video, with sound, of the occurrence.  Perhaps get a statement from the other party too.  Things are rarely completely cut and dried.

@Still Raining 

a video - a statement  pleeeeeeze.. I wasn't attacked!!!!  It was a simple "accident"!

Dear God🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 and yes, it was "cut & dry".  Nothing more....

Honored Contributor

This is one of the reasons I do not shop at Walmart.