Esteemed Contributor

Re: UGH.....people just seem to get "ruder & ruder"😡😡😡

@Silver Lining 

@Silver Lining wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@homedecor1  ....... Firm believer in Karma. What goes around comes around.

@Sheila P-Burg 

If things 'evened' out in the Karma the cart that Ms. rude n crude snatched away just had a toddler with diarrhea sit in the seat ,while eating a very sticky lollipop and the cart had at least two crazy  wheels going in the opposite directions. 

@homedecor1I do hope your hand is alright. If you need it the store probably has security cameras that recorded the incident.

What a disgusting thing to say. 

@Silver Lining   I agree, but it's true! (And she probably got germs). Their shopping carts are filthy!. I never touch one anywhere without wiping it with a sanitizer. Not just the handle but inside. People put kids inside with their dirty shoes on. 
  This week at Wall Mart I reached for a cart, wipe in hand and a nice lady asked me if I'd like hers. She told me it rolled well and all the wheels worked. 
  Safety belt was broken but I fasten my purse with a strap. She was so nice I couldn't turn the cart down! 

Respected Contributor

I have zero tolerance for rude people and yes, there seem to be more of them today.  Just another reason why I love animals so much more than humans.

Respected Contributor

There are too many people with attitude out there, we really must be mindful as they do expect that the world revolves around them.

There are also angels.  At Costco the carts were all soaking wet when I walked in to to get one.  A man had just come out with his cart that had about 6 items in it.  He heard me bemoan the wetness and said "Here, you take my cart, it's nice and dry".  He unloaded his items into his arms and left me with the only dry cart to be had.  What a guy! 

Valued Contributor

Now you know why online shopping is so popular.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Now you know why online shopping is so popular.

@Maggie Nolia   I think it has added to the rudeness in B&M stores.

No parking problems, no long lines, no obnoxious customers-people lose patience more easily now if they have to shop in an actual store.

Being used to the ease of online shopping and then having to deal with the inconveniences of B&M stores I imagine stirs up some impatience and rude behavior.

Considering we always had rude customers, long lines, parking misery, etc.  We took it as the way it is.

But now these issues have been elevated to major inconveniences and people become more short-tempered.

Just an observation.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Bless your heart! I can only imagine how distressing that must have been for you. Her lack of empathy is astounding, and speaks volumes about her character and outlook on life. I'm so glad her less than cheery disposition, did not influence an equally insensitive response from you that might have escalated into something much worse. She is truly  blessed not to have encountered someone as mean spirited as she is. I'm so sorry this happened to you, and hope your hand will heal nicely, and maybe her heart.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I always stand back and let others do what they're going to then

go around them  wait till they're out of the way.

Honored Contributor

This is expected. What did we all think would happen when we decided that being unpleasant and outspoken was being real and being decent and kind was being a pathetic snowflake? As a society we are doing this to ourselves.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

This kind of behavior is why I now have my groceries delivered every week...

Respected Contributor

As things are now, it is best to avoid unpleasant situations while out as much as possible.

Unfortunately, if you find yourself in one, do whatever it takes to deescalate the situation.

There are a multitude of unstable and dangerous people walking around with guns.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF