Honored Contributor

UGH.....people just seem to get "ruder & ruder"😡😡😡

Today I went to our small neighborhood WM mainly because I needed only a few things.

I walked up to the cart area there were only about 5-6 there.  (The guy was in the parking lot rounding up more).

At the same time I reached for a cart this woman (i'm nicely calling her this) reaches at the same time for the same cart. 

Well, they were "stuck" together and I kindly said "hold on a second the baby strap is stuck" that's why they won't come apart.  She pulled the carts and it snapped the cartback and caught my hand between the carts...ouch!!!

I said "please stop my fingers & hand are stuck".  She said "well you shouldn't have put your hands on MY cart!"  

I was really mad I said "are you kidding me?" She grabbed the cart and called me a ###### and walked off....

The cart guy came over guess cuz I let out a "yelp" to see if I was OK.  Yes, they offered me ice for my hand, etc. but I wasn't need of anything more. (I snapped a picture of my finger but must have missed I only got the shopping cart🙄)

Just another day in this crazy world🤔😡...just venting!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: UGH.....people just seem to get "ruder & ruder"😡😡😡

Wow, some people are just so nasty.  It takes more energy to be nasty than nice.  Hope your hand will be OK. 

Honored Contributor

If you got her license plate, I know people who can get an apology for you.  For legal purposes, that's a joke.  

It's amazing to me every day how unempathetic and uncaring this world has become in recent years.  Manners and common courtesy aren't even an afterthought.  Thank goodness someone around you was raised right.

Honored Contributor

Wow   That goes beyond rudeness.  I hope your hand feels better. 

Respected Contributor

How horrible for you.  She must be such a miserable person to be so hateful.

I live equal distance from two Walmarts.  They are like night and day.  One is nearer a larger city and has the rudest people as customers.  I was accosted in this Walmart by a man that wanted money.  He was giving me the old my wife and kids are stranded at the gas station story.  He ran off when I told him I would call the police for him and they could help him.  The other is in a smaller community and the customers are very nice and I feel so much safer there.  I only go to the safer one now.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Good grief, sorry about your hand.  Some day she will have to stand before her Maker and explain that to him.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry this happened @homedecor1 .  Some people just don't or can't see their way to be nice or helpful so that don't understand when someone else tries.  It's rude and sad that it's happening.  All we can do is continue to be us.

Hope your hand feels better soon and just keep being you,  Not all are a holes honey.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Things like his just make me want to stay home. People have such an attitude anymore. You can't do a good deed or be nice to some in any way. 

@homedecor1  Hope any damage to your hand/finger goes away quickly. Don't stop being nice. 

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

Situations like that always frighten me a little. I was born with quite a temper, and with practice and age (and some prayers thown in!) I have become much better at controlling it. The difference now and when I was in my 30's is something I am very proud of.

What you just went through would have definitely been a challenge for my new zen self Smiley Tongue. Sounds like you handled it perfectly. I hope your hand feels better very soon! 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Sorry about your unfortunate incident with such a person-

now it's all about me me me me me and no, no concern for their fellow man.. just consider the source, put a smile on your face and grin to yourself, kiss my grits, LOL

Hope your hand gets to feeling better.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee