Trusted Contributor

U.S. map of avg couple breakups - by month

Not sure of how accurate, but I've always heard that January was the month when most couples breakup. Apparently it's different across the states.-IMG_2066.JPG

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Re: U.S. map of avg couple breakups - by month

@LoveMyBaby   Interesting information....I wonder how the data was acquired to make these claims?

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd  Probably the data through the freedom of information and someone with lots of time on their hands..Good question. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

The dating website Her Aspiration researched and analyzed Google Trends in each state to uncover online activity involving searches for advise on how to break up with someone.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea but I am assuming Facebook had something to do with this novel information.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Probably...(I don't do Facebook) but it is either Facebook or 'the google' as my kids like to say.  

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

The Clean Slaters: JANUARY

New year, new you! Those who cut ties throughout January were nicknamed 'the clean slaters'. 

Searches for 'how to breakup' in January were most popular in Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Ohio and West Virginia.

The Heart Breakers: FEBRUARY 1-14

From February 1 to 14 - yes, that is Valentine's Day - searches for advice on how to get out of a relationship peaked in New York and Michigan. 

Looks like some people just really want to get out of buying a dozen red roses or some Duane Reade heart-shaped candy?

The String Alongers: FEBRUARY 15-28

While they might have stuck around for the most romantic day of the year, it seems that people in California, Washington D.C., Kansas, Nevada, North Carolina and Texas were just biding their time; as searches for breakup tips were most apparent between February 15 and February 28. 

The Spring Cleaners: MARCH, APRIL, MAY

Out with the old; in with the new. While some people might only apply 'spring cleaning' to their annual household clear out, it appears that members of 12 states were focusing on culling the dust on their relationships instead. 

Throughout March, April and May, people in Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Washington State will be found searching for ways to let their partner down. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Summer Lovers: JUNE, JULY, AUGUST

Summer lovin' - happened so fast? 

Evidently, for residents of Alabama, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, New Jersey, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming who were found to dump their flings during June, July and August. 

The Fallin' for Anothers: SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER

While much has been written about 'cuffing season' - i.e. shacking up for the cold winter months - perhaps some people don't want to be tied down for Fall after all. 

Those in Delaware, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Vermont were found most likely to break hearts in September, October and November. 

The Scroogers: NOVEMBER 25-DECEMBER 24

It's the most wonderful time of the year - but not for those in Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Nebraska, Oregon and Utah.

Her Aspiration discovered that dumping was rife in the aforementioned states between November 25 and December 25. Woah, that's one way to ruin the Holidays for someone.  

Honored Contributor

So if I get through those two weeks in February, I should be in the clear!

Honored Contributor

Yeah.  I'm going to say that is just a bunch of foolishness that someone made up.