Honored Contributor

Re: U.S. Postal Service Announces New Prices for 2020

@Mz iMac wrote:

"No change in price of Forever stamp"

For the first time in years!

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure that the postal service has suffered a real decline in revenue due to emails and messaging. I will continue to sent BD cards, Christmas cards, and other special occasion cards through the US mail, regardless of the cost.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I am sure that the postal service has suffered a real decline in revenue due to emails and messaging. I will continue to sent BD cards, Christmas cards, and other special occasion cards through the US mail, regardless of the cost.

I totally agree.  To me there is nothing better then to open up birthday cards.  I also love to select them for people I care about. 

We have taken to only sending Christmas cards to out-of-town friends and some elderly people in our complex.  I know they enjoy them.  The people we are getting together with over the holidays have also agreed to pass on the sending of Christmas cards.

Honored Contributor

I sure can't hold up for the mail service where we live.

they lost our check to the phone co. when we got a disconnect service notice that did come in the mail he had to pay by credit card on phone to keep them from cutting us off.

Paid 14 to mail my Vera Bradley bags to sister up in Ind should had got by Priority mail on the 4th she's still waiting. Nobody has explanation and I threw away my receipt , so, I won't get the 50 they guarantee you, so,she don't get the bags and I got the shaft. 14 bucks down the wazoo

somebody helped themselves is what I think

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 @I don’t mail out fun packages anymore either.I just send gift cards.Boo but I can’t spend 20$ mailing a gift ...I would rather donate that money.

Honored Contributor

Nice to see the first class rate staying the same; it's been a while.

Honored Contributor

IF they provided excellent service, which they DONT, then i would not mind paying some of the prices, but i think they are out of control. package pricing is getting out of hand. i do honestly prefer UPS and FEDEX.

in our area the USPS is not efficient.......long lines at the post office, not enough employees in the post office,  mail delivered to us that is not ours.....daily, mail that we are supposed to receive but dont,  postman shoves as much as he can into the mailbox instead of bringing it up to the door.....sometimes it comes out of the back of the mailbox and lays on the ground.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

IF they provided excellent service, which they DONT, then i would not mind paying some of the prices, but i think they are out of control. package pricing is getting out of hand. i do honestly prefer UPS and FEDEX.

in our area the USPS is not efficient.......long lines at the post office, not enough employees in the post office,  mail delivered to us that is not ours.....daily, mail that we are supposed to receive but dont,  postman shoves as much as he can into the mailbox instead of bringing it up to the door.....sometimes it comes out of the back of the mailbox and lays on the ground.

@sunshine45 

I prefer UPS....those guys are great!!!!  

We used to have a really good, really efficient postwoman...she was EXCELLENT!!!  But when she went on vacation or to her duty in the US Army Reserves then it was WATCH OUT!!!!  She confirmed to several of us that her co-workers were a bunch of IDIOTS (her very words)..Sadly, she left and now we are back to one of "the idiots".....SMH!!!

Believe it or not...FEDEX is WORSE than USPS here.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I sure can't hold up for the mail service where we live.

they lost our check to the phone co. when we got a disconnect service notice that did come in the mail he had to pay by credit card on phone to keep them from cutting us off.

Paid 14 to mail my Vera Bradley bags to sister up in Ind should had got by Priority mail on the 4th she's still waiting. Nobody has explanation and I threw away my receipt , so, I won't get the 50 they guarantee you, so,she don't get the bags and I got the shaft. 14 bucks down the wazoo

somebody helped themselves is what I think

I agree.The U.S. postal service is a joke.  They want more money so they can continue to deliver the wrong mail or no mail at all.  I'm so tired of geting mail delivered to my home that doesnt belong to me.  And it also happens where I work as well.  Our office on occasion gets mail to offices that are several streets over.  Why?  I've had several clothing items that never made it to my front door but were delivered to our main post office.  It was dropped off by UPS and then went to the hands of the USPS.  Where did my clothes go?  I do think theft is rampant and there's no accountability.  once UPS drops it off and then is in the hands of USPS.  There have been two separate news stories in our local area (one just recently) where a postal worker just dropped off crates of mail on the side of the road after he quit his job.

Respected Contributor

Postage is a bargain. I certainly wouldn't want to have to drive and hand deliver all the mail I send out!