Honored Contributor

U.S. Postal Service Announces New Prices for 2020

No change in price for  postcards or standard envelopes thankfully..... but increases on everything else.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2019/1009-usps-announces-new-prices-for-2020.htm

Honored Contributor

Re: U.S. Postal Service Announces New Prices for 2020

Wonder if this impact shipping and handling for purchases?

Honored Contributor

Seems reasonable to me.

Honored Contributor

"No change in price of Forever stamp"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The prices appear reasonable....but it's what we should have expected as UPS uses USPS as their delivery vendor ...and it appears thats the case more and more , so USPS has to hire more employees to keep up with all the deliveries as online purchases continue to grow... This is one of the cons when it comes to online ordering and as customers the buck stops here...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We should soon be hearing about increases from UPS and FedEx for 2020.  Both average about a 5% increase.

If Q is going to adjust shipping costs they usually do it one to two months before the carrier increases go into effect--late October to early December.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Oh joy.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Prices for mailing a package are outrageously high.  The postal service needs to stop raising prices because they are high enough.  I no longer mail out packages unless it is absolutely necessary.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't think of a bigger bargain than the postal service....

The Postal Service has some of the lowest letter mail postage rates in the industrialized world and also continues to offer a great value in shipping. Unlike some other shippers, the Postal Service does not add surcharges for fuel, residential delivery, or regular Saturday or holiday season delivery.

The PRC will review the prices before they are scheduled to take effect Jan. 26, 2020. The complete Postal Service price filings with prices for all products can be found on the PRC site under the Daily Listings section at prc.gov/dockets/daily. For the Mailing Services filing see Docket No. R2020-1. For the Shipping Services filing see Docket No. CP2020-5. The price change tables are also available on the Postal Service’s Postal Explorer website at pe.usps.com/PriceChange/Index.

The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mailed a small 10x10x4 box that weighed 4 lbs today from FL to PA -- cost $18.75 if used "priority" and $19.91 if I used regular mail. (It woudn't fit a in flat rate box).

Shipping is becoming ridiculous -- if I didn't need to get this item to PA for a christening I wouldn't have mailed it as the contents were only worth $20!!!

Ugh...