This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative and political

Honored Contributor

Re: U.S. Holiday Retail Sales Are Strongest in Years

Happy New Year! Woman Frustrated

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Who's out shopping today ? .. After Christmas Sales !

Image result for day after christmas shopping gif

Honored Contributor

We were out today, @MorningLover--  surprising number of people still out shopping.  What really struck me was how "picked over" and depleted the merchandise still is.  Shoppers must have descended like locusts before Christmas, picking things clean, and the stock hasn't been replenished yet!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

We were out today, @MorningLover--  surprising number of people still out shopping.  What really struck me was how "picked over" and depleted the merchandise still is.  Shoppers must have descended like locusts before Christmas, picking things clean, and the stock hasn't been replenished yet!

@Oznell

Lol .. I can believe it !

I stayed in today but did check out the after Christmas sales online. A few items that I was interested in were all sold out. Nothing I really needed or had to have.... I think I'm good until spring! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:
The economy is strong. Sad that some here don’t like those words because it doesn’t fit their agenda! The country has seen enormous growth and the job market is the best ever- all accomplishments in the past 2 years!

@physicsnut

Disagreeing with another’s opinion, does not mean one is speaking from an 

agenda.  Perhaps one disagrees based on facts (those hard, concrete, things) which are difficult for some to ignore.

I would welcome credible , unbiased documentation that “the job market is the best ever”.  As a matter of fact, I’m not sure that anything can be proven to be “the best ever”, as ever is a long, long time back, or forward.

As for your final phrase regarding a specific span of time, that is obviously part of your agenda.

I don't have an agenda other than thankful the economy and job market is the BEST it has been in my living years!  I find it quite sad those who are not happy about this great news!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

My niece is working at Express at a large mall here in the DC area and she closed Saturday night 12/22 at 11 pm and the 5 staff members didn't get out of there until 3:45 am because they had to clean up after the locusts to get the store ready for opening the next morning.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:
The economy is strong. Sad that some here don’t like those words because it doesn’t fit their agenda! The country has seen enormous growth and the job market is the best ever- all accomplishments in the past 2 years!

@physicsnut

agenda.  Perhaps one disagrees based on facts (those hard, concrete, things) which are difficult for some to ignore.

I would welcome credible , unbiased documentation that “the job market is the best ever”.  As a matter of fact, I’m not sure that anything can be proven to be “the best ever”, as ever is a long, long time back, or forward.

As for your final phrase regarding a specific span of time, that is obviously part of your agenda.

I don't have an agenda other than thankful the economy and job market is the BEST it has been in my living years!  I find it quite sad those who are not happy about this great news!

@physicsnut

Dec 31, 2018
BREAKING: U.S. stocks close 2018 with worst year in a decade

Wall Street concluded a tumultuous 2018 on Monday as the major stock indexes posted their worst yearly performances since the financial crisis, CNBC reported.

After solid gains on Monday, the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average were down 6.2 percent and 5.6 percent, respectively, for 2018. Both indexes logged in their biggest annual losses since 2008, when they plunged 38.5 percent and 33.8 percent, respectively. The Nasdaq Composite lost 3.9 percent in 2018, its worst year in a decade, when it dropped 40 percent.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

At times, the best thing you can do if market gyrations are causing you emotional pain is to turn off the TV, tune out the market pundits and take a break from keeping track of the Dow’s every move.

The market, is like a lasting friendship, with ups and downs along the way. Just like life itself.  

Image result for happy news years 2019 animated

Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@physicsnut

@physicsnut

Dec 31, 2018
BREAKING: U.S. stocks close 2018 with worst year in a decade

Wall Street concluded a tumultuous 2018 on Monday as the major stock indexes posted their worst yearly performances since the financial crisis, CNBC reported.

After solid gains on Monday, the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average were down 6.2 percent and 5.6 percent, respectively, for 2018. Both indexes logged in their biggest annual losses since 2008, when they plunged 38.5 percent and 33.8 percent, respectively. The Nasdaq Composite lost 3.9 percent in 2018, its worst year in a decade, when it dropped 40 percent.

We are not talking about the stock market.  This is normal behavior for the stock market anyway as far as corrections go.  The economy IS booming, homes are being built like crazy, and job market is awesome - THIS IS GOOD NEWS - like it or not!