Valued Contributor

Re: Type A riskier. Second blood study in New England Journal Of Medicine.

@Pearlee wrote:
I'm not obsessing over the virus.

Neither am I. I am so OVER hearing about this virus. And, I am blood type A. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

A+ here.

I donate blood and Vitalant is now offering antibody tests.  I have an appointment on Saturday because I'm curious.

My coworkers and I had some nasty respiratory issue earlier in the year and I'd like to know if it was COVID.

I'll let you know...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@noodleann ...... Your doctor did surgery without knowing your blood type? Extremely risky. I am 0 negative. Wear a bracelet. Positive blood would be a death sentence to me. The plus side. My blood is classified universal donor for all types.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  ..... Next time you go to your doctor ask her/him to have the test done.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@noodleann ...... Your doctor did surgery without knowing your blood type? Extremely risky. I am 0 negative. Wear a bracelet. Positive blood would be a death sentence to me. The plus side. My blood is classified universal donor for all types.

Not just one, but five surgeries then, and now six. I asked and was told they can determine it quite quickly if necessary. Given how poor the record-keeping of the local medical establishments is, I'm glad. They'd probably record my type as "-Z+" and let me bleed out while figuring out whom to blame for the error.

Honored Contributor

I take these studies with a grain of salt.  It will change in a month like every other study that is  done.  

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

Also O-.  Years ago I used to donate a lot bc of that but I battled cancer and years later I'm still getting blood checked a lot and am so over needles!

Trusted Contributor

@noodleann  ...... Your braver than I would be. All it takes is a little ****** and if you start hemorrhaging time is of the essence. I am surprised the doctor is taking a risk of a possible lawsuit.  My blood type does not allow me that luxury. My first miscarriage almost cost me due to doctor negligence. I won't allow it to occur a second time.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I must be missing something because I don’t find this information useful or helpful at all. In theory, it may eventually be useful to researchers but that doesn’t mean anything to me. 

Is it supposed to make type O’s run out into crowds without a care and believe they are safe? I’m sure that isn’t the intent but I’ll bet some do.Is it meant to scare type As and make them feel targeted? I’m sure that isn’t the intent either, but it will. 

Honored Contributor

Call me an A+ gal!!