Trusted Contributor

Re: Tx will be back to normal on 10th

This fellow Texan doesn't share your enthusiasm. Creates too many problems on many levels.. 

Mitigation strategies, including masks, were working but numbers are still high. Positivity rate has dropped, which is a good thing. But IMHO this was a short-sighted politically-motivated decision.

Shiny object to distract from the recent energy management disaster that has been building for the past 20-30 years. Not to mention the Texas Workforce Commission mess,too.

We've got a loooooong way to go before we're "back to normal." Frankly, the old normal got us into trouble -- I'm hoping a new improved normal is created.

Super Contributor

Hallelujah!!!

Honored Contributor

With all due respect, I believe the original post is baiting.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It was predicted that Covid 19 will increase exponentially. More deaths and more sickness. That is definitely "not normal."

Honored Contributor

I will wait and see how it turns out for TX. I hope it is a positive, but only time will tell.

Honored Contributor

well, whatever "back to normal" is these days......time will tell how it affects the state and the country. wishing your state good luck.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The CDC recommends wearing masks right now b/c of the virus variants and that the current vaccinations are not promising us protection from them. Texas is doomed.

Honored Contributor

There was already a thread poofed about this for being political, I believe it was yesterday?

I'll just say that is not my kind of "normal". Especially with their low vaccine rate.

Someone had to try to deflect

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

cRe: Tx will be back to normal on 10th

[ Edited ]

I just read an Axios article titled 'The Danger of a Fourth Wave'...

I have no issues wearing a mask til the danger from COVID is gone. If that takes another year or 2, so be it. Wearing a mask or two if need be doesn't bother me at all.

We haven't been to a restaurant since December 2019.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

With all due respect, I believe the original post is baiting.

@on the bay Agree.