Honored Contributor

Oh, such pretty images, @SharkE and @Kachina624!   Thanks for posting them.   There's something particularly magical about the atmosphere and the beauty of sunrises and sunsets.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@SharkE

That's an absolutely beautiful sky view to wake up to.  Nice to sit outside with a cup of coffee & just enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oooh, very pretty.  Along the coast we have a saying:

Red skies at night---sailors delight

Red skies in mornin'---sailors take warnin'.

I'm from the southeast and we grew up with that saying, too, @Lucky Charm.😊   Interestingly enough, the first time I experienced a direct hit by a tornado I had noticed a magnificent red sunrise that morning.   It was noticeable enough to stop people in their tracks...  shaded everything in the atmosphere with crimson and gold...  and then that afternoon one of the worst tornadoes in this area's history raged though and caused horrible damage.   I don't know if that was just a coincidence or not, but I pay better attention to those red sunrises now.😳

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624

Your friend know how to take a great pic, it's gorgeous soft colors.  I love a beautiful sky.  It's something I notice all the time while in the car.  Ours was very unique today - sunny, then overcast, then little sleet, little snow, showers & in between all the clouds, we had peeks of the sun.  Can never figure out Mother Nature.  She does her own thing.

We're in the land of the "many trees" that another poster's pastor mentioned.  Our back yard blocks a lot of the sun with the high oak trees.  However, if we peek to the sides or the front yard, we see it much better.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oooh, very pretty.  Along the coast we have a saying:

Red skies at night---sailors delight

Red skies in mornin'---sailors take warnin'.

@Lucky Charm.   LOL.  I don't think sailor's warnings are an issue in West Texas.  Sharke is in Amarillo.

They say the reflecting dust particles in the air make the beautiful sun rises/sunsets in Texas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo

Such awful damage from those darn tornadoes.  I'm sorry you had to go thru such a horrible experience.  I hope you're doing better now as far as starting over?  I hope you & your family weren't injured.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  That is a beautiful photo.  Almost looks like it was taken from a plane.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@dooBdoo

Such awful damage from those darn tornadoes.  I'm sorry you had to go thru such a horrible experience.  I hope you're doing better now as far as starting over?  I hope you & your family weren't injured.

@ScenicMaine,  You're such a sweetheart.   I've noticed that in your posts and I wanted to let you know how much it is appreciated.❤️   

Thank you for your kindness...   this tornado hit us several years ago and it was frightening beyond words.    It took a while for the cleanup and damage repair, but all is well now years later.    The damage was horrific, but the blessing was that we never heard of any related deaths in the area and the injuries were minor.   I can also say an additional "blessing in disguise" was that many of us learned to stop complaining about weather warnings, to be cognizant of their potential to save us, and to learn to be prepared for the times when bad storms actually do materialize.  Thanks, again!

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you so much.

I'm happy to see no one had major injuries or worse.  I can't imagine all the difficulties so many people face with these horrible storms.

I live in W. Mass & we actually had a tornado about 7 yrs. ago & it travelled thru many towns.  We still see many trees with missing tops in the wooded areas.  Many homes were destroyed & also a few deaths, esp. of a mom who passed while covering her child in the bathtub.  It was one of those freaky experiences for us.  Since then, there've been a few smaller ones in other towns.  

I agree about the weather warnings, they're for a reason.  Stay safe & keep a watch on those skies!  

Esteemed Contributor

Nature certainly is beautiful!!