Honored Contributor

Re: Two things I observed today, what about you, what have you observed lately?

@Janey2 wrote:

@jubilant  Empires last 250 years. We are in trouble.

@Janey2 

Actually SPQR (Senatus Populusque Romanus, a.k.a.,the Roman Empire) lasted ~500 years before it fell.  And yes, I believe our nation will fall during my lifetime.  Sadly, we learn from history that we learn nothing from history.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

My most recent observation ....  we just have too many people on the planet, and too many of them don't care about (or understand) conservation.  Earth is stressed, and it shows.

I have no solution to offer, just the observation.

Would have to say ignorance to the Nth degree for the over population.  

So there was that.

Respected Contributor

I have observed we now live in the age of the perpetually offended and entitled. It makes me long for rewinding the way our country is now about 30 years....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

I find that people tend to be firmly fixed in their views, and ways, and associate only with those who share them.

There is no welcome / tolerance for ideas/ thoughts/ feelings outside of one’s own. 

~finis~

@Drythe 

Wanting to not violate any standards here ......  In your opinion ... is that because people were raised poorly ... or it's just human nature?    I don't think other countries are like this.  

@Tinkrbl44 

Just what I think, and have seen personally.

No, I don’t think it necessarily has to do with being raised poorly. 

In many countries I have visited, people are genuinely afraid to speak about things, because those who won’t voice their own opinions will happily repeat yours further along the line.  

Sometimes not sharing means trying to appear in possession of better information.  And there is blocking information, perhaps from great anger at other views, or the inability to justify one’s own views... maybe. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Observation:  The quote, about crying alone, I cry alone best. I mean, I let it all out. Especially when one of our dogs passes.  That hurts so deeply, it's best to cry alone for me, or I try to comfort the other and forget my own pain.  I would say, I'm a wailer.  (When we've lost a pet, that's one of the deepest losses I've ever felt.  

Honored Contributor

While riding in the car and you try to open a Slim Jim and the wrapper is so tough you cant tear it.  Dont try to open it with a knife.  You might slice your finger.

This is probably a 10 on the dumb move meter.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I miss the way things used to be in "my" good old days.  I realize this will never be again but I still think about these times and I still miss them.  It's my right as I age!  I am not mired down in it, and I do live in the here and now.  But as I say quite often --- something might change, but that doesn't mean it's better.  And usually, it's not.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I have observed that most people do not address a problem until it's a crisis.

I've also observed that citizenship in a democracy requires learning and vigilance.

Honored Contributor

1. Cost of fireworks has gone up.

2. Hair grows faster in summer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My gym, although re-opened, has many classes offered only virtually and many "senior" classes have been cut completely.

For $70 a month, it leaves me to run/walk on the upper track....no group fitness classes where it was fun to socialize...just not worth that fee. 

I can do early morning walks w/ Molly or days too hot, I have a treadmill. Thinking of ending my membership.

I'm disappointed in the gym and also find every day in many areas of life, seniors are being ignored, pushed aside.