Honored Contributor

Re: Two things I observed today, what about you, what have you observed lately?

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Pointing your finger at someone is also an attacking gesture.

My husband does this to me constrantly.  I feel so insuperior when he does.  I have told him as many times please don't point your finger at me.  He says OK but keeps doing it. 

Honored Contributor

Don't say words you don't really mean   Don't throw words like "love and care for you" if you have no actions to back it up. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  I would bite it the next time he pointed it at me.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

People have said the same thing for as long as I can remember (and I'm almost 66 years old). Nothing new, nothing different. Yes, time DOES move on and things get left in the past. 

Respected Contributor

I have observed that there are many people with much worse physical issues and life problems than I have so I should quit moaning and groaning about any issues I have and just be grateful they are relatively just annoying rather than truly serious when compared with what others may be going thru.

DH and I have both observed that we are fortunate to have been young in prior decades when life was different than it is now and are glad we are old in this era, but do feel concerned for our grandchildren regarding how life has changed and IMO not for the better.  

Respected Contributor

"People expect others to accomodate their needs and wants disregarding yours." I am sure alot Posters can add  many examples to this little story?

I frequent a dog park going there eight years  or more with dogs.  Usually  there are congenial dogs and owners. Some dogs take to each other better than others, like humans.

Saturday ,a woman kept scolding  and yelling at my dog to go away. He wasn't jumping on hers or bothering it which I could understand, but  just smelling it as dogs do.  Her dog snapped at mine. 

She told me her dog was 17 and had a bad back. I told her I had a 16 year old dog and he just ignored the pups and did his own thing. I had to state it was a" Dog Park. " I have told this also to parents who bring in young children that it is a "Dog Park" not a kid's playground park and  is posted "No Children under age 12.  If she didn't want other dogs  near hers why bring it in?

Then there are those who don't bother to clean up after their dogs with provided bags. Relate to that one??

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf   This is precisely the reason I have never and will never take my dogs to a dog park.

There are so many things that can evolve into problems, with other dogs and their owners.  There are also health  issues where other dogs are congregated also.

It just seems to be a bad idea all around to me.

Sorry, I went off topic.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I have observed that there are many people with much worse physical issues and life problems than I have so I should quit moaning and groaning about any issues I have and just be grateful they are relatively just annoying rather than truly serious when compared with what others may be going thru.

DH and I have both observed that we are fortunate to have been young in prior decades when life was different than it is now and are glad we are old in this era, but do feel concerned for our grandchildren regarding how life has changed and IMO not for the better.  

I agree, ''Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone."

Esteemed Contributor

I have observed that most people do not observe much! 

Honored Contributor

My most recent observation ....  we just have too many people on the planet, and too many of them don't care about (or understand) conservation.  Earth is stressed, and it shows.

I have no solution to offer, just the observation.