Honored Contributor

Re: Two things I observed today, what about you, what have you observed lately?

1. The COVID virus has changed my life forever.

2. I received my absentee ballot for my state's primary this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @jubilant  It has to stop.  There was a taxi that went out of control in NYC a week or two ago. People were pinned under the vehicle. Good Samaritans all got together and lifted the taxi.  Black, white, Asian stood side by side and worked together and saved lives. No one could know if the person next to them was gay, heterosexual, Christian, Muslim or Jewish. It didn’t matter in that moment. All of them of them had one mindset. They didn’t have time to focus on difference. They had to work together to get the job done.

We should learn from this powerful moment. It doesn’t matter if someone looks different, sounds different, or worships different. It’s about respect.

Honored Contributor

On a lighter note:  I've observed that, where there are one or two groundhogs, there will be more.

(Having had to relocate for the past two years, groundhogs who thought it was a good idea to make their homes under my front steps and my garage.  Not to worry, I only use a Hav-A-Heart trap and take them to a wildlife preserve.)

Frequent Contributor

@Venezia Ahhh!   Thank you!   I've learned something today!  

Honored Contributor

@~k~  - You're very welcome!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal 

1. It is very cool today for what, the 2nd day of summer! It is 65°.

2. Our new TV delivery was 9am-Noon. I am guessing now that it is 9:50am! Looks like we will be their last delivery. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Things will never be the same and how I wish it would be.

I better learn to live with the above idea. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Things will never be the same and how I wish it would be.

I better learn to live with the above idea. 

@PhilaLady1 

While your top one is true for everyone. The sooner in life one learns your other observance, the better it will likely be for them.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I would have thought that at my advanced age I would be cooler , but I still get really nervous about certain situations. I'm frankly disappointed in myself.

@QVCkitty1 I get nervous in some situations myself.  And sometimes when I am talking to someone, the words don't come out smoothly and I think I sound like an idiot.  Some people are so polished.  I am not one of them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I would have thought that at my advanced age I would be cooler , but I still get really nervous about certain situations. I'm frankly disappointed in myself.

@QVCkitty1 I get nervous in some situations myself.  And sometimes when I am talking to someone, the words don't come out smoothly and I think I sound like an idiot.  Some people are so polished.  I am not one of them.

@Puppy Lips   The people you are speaking with that seemed so polished may be thinking the same thing about themselves, you just never know.

Be yourself and enjoy any conversations you may have. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF