Esteemed Contributor

Re: Two things I observed today, what about you, what have you observed lately?

I've observed things in the last 5 years I never thought possible. A pandemic changing lives around the world.  And many other things I can't comment on this forum.  We've had quite a shakeup in our happy little lives.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Mersha. I agree and many Veterinarians  also  say the same. I have been lucky. Thanks for commenting.

It normally is a nice small regular group who we get acquainted with. I live in a small town. In  the summer population triples and the tourists  campers and summer residents come in many who aren't familiar with the Park and dogs aren't socialized.

I also generally go in early and avoid  summer crowds. It is on tbe Humane  Society Shelter grounds. A retired Vet who is on tbe board also comes in early. I would never go to some crowded parks in Urban areas. I have met a lot of nice friends, most like me who rescue and have young dogs who need to run. We regulars try and keep the Park clean.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@jubilant  Empires last 250 years. We are in trouble.

@Janey2   We must be on the same wave length........I was thinking today that the USA will be 246 yrs old this year and only 6 more until 250, and then I started wondering........

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

What about the "present situation" is so different and so very frightening? 

@Sushismom 

I note that you have commented about, and questioned others responses several times.  There are many new discoveries, and new developments, if one is disposed to listen. 

Yet, you have not shared YOUR OWN thoughts on the original query.

That seems a bit disingenuous on your part.

Disingenuous? Hardly. My "questioning" others should tell you EXACTLY what I think 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I find that people tend to be firmly fixed in their views, and ways, and associate only with those who share them.

There is no welcome / tolerance for ideas/ thoughts/ feelings outside of one’s own. 

~finis~

@Drythe 

Wanting to not violate any standards here ......  In your opinion ... is that because people were raised poorly ... or it's just human nature?    I don't think other countries are like this.  

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

What about the "present situation" is so different and so very frightening? 

@Sushismom 

I note that you have commented about, and questioned others responses several times.  There are many new discoveries, and new developments, if one is disposed to listen. 

Yet, you have not shared YOUR OWN thoughts on the original query.

That seems a bit disingenuous on your part.

Disingenuous? Hardly. My "questioning" others should tell you EXACTLY what I think 

@Sushismom 

Um, not really ......  Seems that "what you think" is to avoid sharing your own perspectives on various topics.

Trusted Contributor

I observed that some people think if you "observe" something you are being judgemental.

I observed that some people think no one should "observe" them.  Do they think they are invisible? 

Respected Contributor

I observed a rather unpleasant person in the stands this evening at my granddaughter's high school basketball summer league.

There is a coach and assistant coach on the team that yell/talk to the girls throughout the game on what they should/should not be doing.

One of the player's father was in the first row coaching his daughter, loudly, non-stop, during the game.  It was to the point she was not paying attention to the game because she was watching him and what he had to say.

It was incredibly obnoxious to the coaches, spectators and other players.

One of the coaches finally asked him to stop as it was such a disruption.

Some can be so incredibly oblvious to everyone else as long as they are doing what they want.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@jubilant  Empires last 250 years. We are in trouble.

@Janey2   We must be on the same wave length........I was thinking today that the USA will be 246 yrs old this year and only 6 more until 250, and then I started wondering........

@Patriot3   

Is someone here expecting everything to blow up in a few years because of some "250 rule"?

The past does NOT equal the future.   

The world is nowhere near the same as when those empires fell apart the minute they hit the 250 mark.     JMO, of  course.

Trusted Contributor

A useful observation I learned years ago. A difference of opinion doesn't mean one is right and the other is wrong.....it just means they're different.