Honored Contributor

While at a store yesterday, there was a lady that had two service dogs, one black lab.,and a tiny dog strap to her chest, my first time seeing two.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Today anyone can buy a vest that says Service Dog for any dog and take it anywhere they want! I saw that in a store last week. The dog was a larger breed but clearly still a puppy!

Esteemed Contributor

Chances are they are not both trained active service dogs.  They are way to expensive to train and a very long waiting list for one person to have two.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I have seen her before,at a grocery store,she had just the little one with her, the lab was very well behaved yesterday.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My husband couldn't even get a temporary- temporary!- handicap parking permit when he had a total hip replacement yet people get by with these illegal dog service vests.. Makes me so mad for all those with some type of handicap that might need actual help and can't get it.

Like at Disney- grrrr... now they allow dogs in the park- you should see these tiny little things people drag around on that hot pavement and on rides, yes on rides.. But then you'll see actual service dogs actually being trained- no comparison to those that think no one will question their online dog vest..

Sorry but that just hits a nerve because of my husband, we were shocked... had a friend that passed away from lupus, Georgia wouldn't approve a parking permit for her so she'd drag her oxygen tank from the parking deck to work but security let her use a handicap spot closer to the door..  Just the nerve of some people.. sorry for the rant and with that, off my podium..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Obviously I have never met the woman, but I think her disease is extreme self-centerness combined with excessive or obsessive love for her dogs.

I feel strongly that as people like her abuse the power of the service dog tag, they take a hammer to those who really gain benefit from a trained service animal because they make the rest of us cynical about the need for them. 

I know the animals do make a difference -  I don't believe for a second that the woman in this story needs 2.  Shame on her.

Esteemed Contributor

Could she have been training the dogs to be service dogs?  I've seen dogs in stores many times that were in training.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

I have too, their vest usually says, "Service Dog in Training, Please do not pet".

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach   I am so sorry about your husband.  I wonder if a different doctor requesting the permit would have made a difference.  In our state, the request comes from the doctor.  No excuse for him or your friend not to have had that permit.Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

Queen D is correct people can now simply buy "Service Dog" vest online put it on any pet so they can take their dog anywhere they want to.

Too many people today and selfish and inconsiderate.