Respected Contributor

Re: Two day-old babies Christmas shopping?

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23   Not to mention, flu, RSV and Covid are rampant right now. Poor baby. That is so sad.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

There was a man with her.,.I suppose the husband or boyfriend. It is indeed a different world. I pray that baby is okay. 

@Trailrun23   Too bad he couldn't pick up what was needed from the store so the baby could have stayed home with its mother.  👶🏪

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Contributor

About 30 years ago I worked at Burdines department store and Baptist Hospital was about two miles away from the store. On a very busy Saturday a man and woman were on the escalator in front of me. they were holding a tiny newborn and the husband said the mother had to stop at the mall on the way home from the hospital.  Newborn in a very busy department store and the mom was concerned with going to the mall. 

Esteemed Contributor

That behavior is beyond belief. The only thing I might have done is run to the baby or bedding department, quickly buy a blanket, put it on the baby and wish the idiot parents Merry Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@Shepsmom wrote:

About 30 years ago I worked at Burdines department store and Baptist Hospital was about two miles away from the store. On a very busy Saturday a man and woman were on the escalator in front of me. they were holding a tiny newborn and the husband said the mother had to stop at the mall on the way home from the hospital.  Newborn in a very busy department store and the mom was concerned with going to the mall. 

@Shepsmom   Was this in Miami?

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

That behavior is beyond belief. The only thing I might have done is run to the baby or bedding department, quickly buy a blanket, put it on the baby and wish the idiot parents Merry Christmas.

I was thinking the same thing!

Respected Contributor

She seemed to be in her thirties; so did the guy with her. They were old enough to know better IMHO. I wanted so badly to take the baby and snuggle her with my jacket which has faux fur sleeves.

Esteemed Contributor

That baby was at risk and in danger.  My first thought was to call the cops and report child endangerment.  

The very least I would have done was talk to the mother. Explain my concerns and ask why the baby was not dressed properly.  After talking to the mother I still may call cops.  Rather that baby be safe than the possible alternatives.  

Contributor

Yes. Miami Burdines where everyone had to walk thru Burdines to get anywhere in the mall. 

Contributor

Yes