Honored Contributor

Re: Two Things I Can't Find in Any Grocery Store

For some reason sour jolly ranchers.  They have the regular ones but not the sour.  That's all I can think of now.

Contributor

@Laura14  If you are in the Atlanta area, try Marietta or Dunwoody Walmart for Banza pasta.

Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey  My husband just pops them in the airfryer, he loves those potato patties.

Honored Contributor

@inGeorgia Thank you!! 🙏🏻

Valued Contributor

My Grandma's Coffee Cake. My local, independent grocer used to have them for $9.99 a cake (didja hear that QVC?), but I haven't seen them for a few years now.  I actually did an online search and it turns out Stew Leonard's in Norwalk, CT has them but I'm not driving 1/2 hour for cake.  Right?  RIGHT??!!!!

Valued Contributor

Speaking of dried beans, I paid almost 12 bucks yesterday for 3 small ham hocks!

Honored Contributor

Anyone else noticing getting the usual dog or cat foods are rather hit and miss?   

Right now, peanut butter and cat food are almost completely out here. 

Respected Contributor

Even before supply chain issues, it was hard to find fordhook limas. I have never seen them sold in a can, only frozen. They are the best for the succotash I make and for soup. Things I can't find in the grocery store now seems to vary from week to week. 

Respected Contributor

Many stores are just now putting out canned pumpkin and similar things like the canned pumpkin pie mix, etc. I guess some areas put it out earlier than other. WM here put it on a big display two weeks ago, but have yet seen any at Kroger or Randall's yet. Maybe areas with cooler climates begin selling those things sooner. 

Valued Contributor

Here in NO. Va. Cannot find in stores black walnuts for special cake baking or Miller 64 (super-light) beer.