Honored Contributor

Re: Two Senior Women Attack Each Other In Check Out!!!!!!

@shopperqvc   Last Fall I took one of the elderly ladies that I help out to Costco with me.  She uses a walker and can't walk very far anymore.

I advised her to use a motorized cart because there was no way she could navigate that store by walking.

I had my own cart, I walked, and when we were done shopping, we went to return her

cart to the motorized cart area.  I got her walker and I was unfolding it for her.  She cannot get up by herself and needs my help.  I guess we weren't moving fast enough because an older man came over and was waiting to use the cart after her.

He got impatient and was pulling her out of the seat.  Her legs and feet were still in the cart and he was pulling on her arms.  She has a bad shoulder that needs replacement and you have to be careful not to hurt her when you lift her up.

She was screaming in  pain and telling him to Stop.  He kept on pulling.  Then I got angry and yelled at him to back away and get his hands off of her.  He said that he was in a hurry and needed the cart.

I then grabbed him and forcefully pulled him away.  I told him that if he didn't wait his turn, I would knock him on his Azz, and I really meant it. He looked at me like I was crazy, but he backed away but kept grumbling.  

As soon as I got my friend up and handed her the walker, he jumped into the seat and almost ran us over.

To be totally honest, my friend almost ran people over in the store too.  She was a bad driver, but not on purpose.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess 

LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  You were a good friend, a real savior because that guy was dangerous to anyone not moving fast enough for him.  I can just see you giving him heck.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@lovesrecess 🤣😂 well we're bringing our own bags now. Why not? Flag QVC for that new self defense checkout bar for a TSV now.  You know they'll be colors!

Tsk, tsk.   You know very well that is "COLORWAYS."   (You know, like "Tomato Red" and "Hummus beige.")

Honored Contributor

I don’t talk on my phone or answer it when I am checking out...just too distracting.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Free2be. A stretch? Think what you want but then your post is silly for not believing the truth. And you misspelled my name.

@Free2be ,

3 bonks on the head with a grocery divider for you.

You will have to put it away yourself, though.😁

Honored Contributor

Image result for keep calm and have a snickers

How important is a grocery divider anyway?  Sometimes we stress over things that are easily prevented.

Change your perception, change your stress.

I wouldn't want the world to revolve around me; I just don't want that responsibility.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@pattiewaddle wrote:

Two senior women attacked each other over one who messed with her groceries because the bar was missing to keep groceries separated...couldn't belive it. hit one another and said  you look like s.......t and the other said go to he...l   checker had to separate the them.....Daughter and I stood in the same check out had to move to the next one...Ive seen it all.......

This has nothing to do with seniors, it has to do with how we treat each other these days. What has happened to kindness and patience and common courtesy? People will snap at you over anything, particularly politics. We cannot even to seem to agree to disagree anymore.Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I think we've found our first two Bachelorettes, over 65! 

---- 

OK, funny!

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Not to mention sometimes there are not enough bars OR the bar available is too far up to reach. 

For pity sake-people are stressed because of expectations.  When we stop expecting people to do such a trivial thing, we save ourselves getting irritated.

Keep calm and put down your own darn divider bar.

We're not trying to part the Red Sea here.  LOL

---------

-----

I so agree with you!

I automatically  put the bar, behind my groceries, after I've loaded them, on the belt. 

I'd like to say, it's because I'm so courteous, but, honestly, it's also an easy way, to be sure, you don't end up paying for someone else's groceries. 

This thread is hilarious.  Who knew the emotion attached to divider bars😉😈