Valued Contributor

Re: Two American Tourists desecrate the Colosseum

they should be made to restore it to its original state.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 MickD said: Cakers - oh and Adelle - haha I had Parthenon on the brain.....hahaha! Thanks!!!!

You need to get the Parthenon out of your head and replace it with the Pantheon. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Cardinal - oh that is beautiful....I love the architecture...only been to Greece.....hence my brain on dolmades....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 MickD said: Cardinal - oh that is beautiful....I love the architecture...only been to Greece.....hence my brain on dolmades....

LOL....and I've only been to Italy. My one and only trip out of our country. Someday I hope to see more of our big, beautiful world.

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2015 september said:

What does the "and they're from California" remark signify?

I hope this isn't going to turn into yet, another, "let's bash California" thread.

I'm from California. I thought that was more or less understood when I made that remark.

Honored Contributor

The ""Ugly American"" strikes again.

Super Contributor

We hear so many stupid things in the news that are done by 18-25 year olds. I'm sure we've all heard that researchers say the brain is not fully developed until about age 25. Usually it is guys doing the stupid things though.

I'm from California also, and I did not find the comment about California offensive. I don't think the Greeks hold it against California. They probably just think "stupid Americans." It's a reflection on all of us. It's just sad that particularly young people cannot respect things like the Colosseum...and other people's property (period).

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

""americans behaving badly abroad....."" it never seems to end.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Madisson said:

We hear so many stupid things in the news that are done by 18-25 year olds. I'm sure we've all heard that researchers say the brain is not fully developed until about age 25. Usually it is guys doing the stupid things though.

I'm from California also, and I did not find the comment about California offensive. I don't think the Greeks hold it against California. They probably just think "stupid Americans." It's a reflection on all of us. It's just sad that particularly young people cannot respect things like the Colosseum...and other people's property (period).

Twenty-five years old is plenty old enough to know that vandalism is wrong.

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2015 september said:

What does the "and they're from California" remark signify?

I hope this isn't going to turn into yet, another, "let's bash California" thread.

I believe she is from California. I didn't read that as a bash; I read it as she's ashamed to have these two idiots from her state.

And why are posters still bringing up Greece/Greeks?

oops - just saw Issie's explanation about CA.