Trusted Contributor

Darn, it's back!

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

There was a ‘Social Media Summit’ today...maybe??

Twitter celebrated the Social Media Summit by reminding us they have the Off Switch..maybe ?

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Twitter celebrated the Social Media Summit by reminding us they have the Off Switch..maybe ?

that wasnt a summit......it was a disorganized meeting that didnt include the big guns of social media.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Twitter is Down

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Chicagosuburbangirl   Yup, I was waiting for the Russian Conspiracy paranoia.Smiley Wink

Because we all know that Russia historically would never try to sabotage anything. Straight arrow, principled, above board, uncorruptible, above reproach. 

Incidentally, Twitter was never down where I am. It's been going all day.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Chicagosuburbangirl   Yup, I was waiting for the Russian Conspiracy paranoia.Smiley Wink

It's not paranoia if they're out to get you.  Wait until the power grid goes down and we'll talk.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Re: Twitter is Down

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

that wasnt a summit......it was a disorganized meeting that didnt include the big guns of social media.

yes for that was the point - to discuss how to democratize and offset monopoly. "big guns" had a huge televised platform in earlier hearings; this conference gave  250-300  smaller players a platform and chance to speak and offer ideas.