Super Contributor

Re: Twilight Time (formerly Any retirees...)

Ladies I just wanted to tell you about some good purchases.

A221869 Denim and Company I got this embroidered top in black a while ago then went back for green and lilac, they hold us so well and pretty to wear with D & C pants.

V32147 Gleener... the thing that get the fuzzy pills off fabrics/sweaters and etc. it really works.

V32253 Miracle-fold Laundry thing. I've been folding my own clothes for about 55 years but had to have this. (LOL) It does a good job on tops but seems it takes me longer to do one than my own way, it does make a neater stack, I don't regret getting it.

A251468 Earth Origins sandals. I am big Clarks customer and rarely wear anything else but I got these and the arch in the right foot hurts, it could me my crazy feet, but not worth me sending them back. I'll end up using them when working in the yard.

A252826 Clarks Leisa triple strap. (Blue) Very comfortable.

F09935 InMotion Elliptical, it arrived but I haven't assembled it yet, I will let you know if I lose any weight. I have an issue with my foot and can't do a lot of walking so I hope this will help without the pressure of walking.

A237719 Stan Herman. Oh what can I say, he is the best. I need another closet to hold his things. I just got the blue pj's yesterday and now have all 4, they are so soft and comfortable and not hot and the pants have pockets. His robes, bed jackets and lounge sets are just fabulous.

M41098 Solar Mobile Dragonfly. I thought it was glass but it's resin, I didn't review it first but I had to have it because my son loved dragonflies. I like it, it's pretty. Because of the storms I didn't put it outside this week but instead I took one of those suction cup hooks and put it on the dresser mirror. That probably sounds tacky but...I may leave it there, I will be able to see it changing colors when I go to sleep and it won't be moving making noise.

H1996885 Malden Mills Microfleece sheets, I cannot say enough, I have bought several over the years. They were sold out of the grey leopard so I got the brown leopard until they come back online. They are NOT hot, you will never regret buying them they are SO soft. I have them in a Jade color that is beautiful, Pecan, a Red bought years ago and the Zebra, been washed many many times and look like new and they do not pill.

A240785 Denim and Company jacket (purple of course) it's on the way but all the products in that old fabric from Sports Savvy are so substantial, they never wear out, I think I will love this one.

OK I'll hush now. Have a good day.

Forgot to say the Malden Mills sheets were marked down to 30.00.

Super Contributor

Good morning ladies, I hope all is well at your house. It's suppose to be in the high 60's today and then in the 80's for the next few days. Rain free sounds good so maybe my car will get a much needed bath.

The Denim and Company jacket (A240785) I mentioned in the last post came yesterday and it's not as thick as some of the old Sport Savvy jackets but I'm not disappointed, it's still something to wear on cool nights sitting on the deck.

Not a lot going on here, yesterday I slept most of the day trying to ease my back pain. I got up once and fixed some gulash (chuck, canned tomatoes, garlic and onion) and spaghetti and I cooked some boiled corn. I don't know where Piggly Wiggly gets their corn this early but it is so good, white corn, close to silver queen but they don't call it silver queen. I can hardly wait to plant and get some tomatoes out of the backyard and to fix some fried green tomatoes.

I'm looking at curtains that need to be washed and carpets that need to be cleaned, it's just a matter of getting up and doing it. I would love to take the carpet up and have the floors refinished but doubt that will happen anytime soon. Moving all this furniture would be a major production that I can't do alone. It's also time to wash all the windows and go outside and take the vents off the house. I'm tired thinking about it.

I planned to get some Boston ferns the other day and walked right by them and forgot about it, so that's on the agenda.

I'm rambling, take care and I hope the sun shines at your house today.

Occasional Contributor

Good morning ladies, it's so good to be back. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers for my daughter, she is on the mend but it will still be a long time. I was really worried about her and still am at times. I just read a little of what has been going on so I don't know too much about everyone.

Lakk - Sorry about your back, mine has decided to do something different to me. It is getting numb from about where my back pocket on my hip would be all the way to my foot. This is on the left side and unless it's from the herniated disk, I don't know what it is. I guess a trip to the doctor would be in order, but I will wait until I can't bare it any longer. I am glad that most of your purchases have pleased you. Glad the storms didn't affect you so much. We had a tornado for our area but it missed us about half a mile. My son had to leave to go to work in that mess and he was in a really bad storm that did lots of damage, but he had no choice but to keep going. I was worried sick until I heard from him.

Bobbisue - How are you? You aren't intruding in this thread. I welcome anyone who likes to post except if they have mean things to say. I know our Ms. Lakk appreciates you posting as well. Hope your cold weather has finally gone and that your COPD is better.

Moon Dance - Your picture of the dog was perfect. Bulldogs are my very favorite dogs. I have several varieties of them, Boston Terrier, Olde English Bulldogge, and American Bulldog. I guess you could say that I am bulldog nuts, well I think that I am nuts anyway. LOL

Shosh - Good to see you here, hope that you are doing wonderful. Sounds like your grand is precious.

Pris- I wish that I could volunteer for some things, but right now I don't have time to do that with taking care of DH and my Mom. I have a pretty full plate, but would love to volunteer. My sister volunteers with the Salvation Army and some other groups, and she loves it. Take care.

I have errands to do today so I will get off. Hopefully it won't be so long before the next post. Wishing everyone a great weekend and I hope that the sun shines down on you. Later....

b

Super Contributor

Banker,

Good to see you, I still have your DD in my prayers and I'm glad the tornado missed your family. Yes you do need to go to the doctor about your back, peace of mind is priceless, maybe he can give you something to give you some relief. Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Happy Cinco De Mayo me amigas.....

Super Contributor

Hi Bobbisue,

Good to see you hope your doing well have a good day.

Contributor

Photos Mother's Day - Photos Happy Mother's DayTo all the wonderful mothers on this thread,and that includes furbaby moms.

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies....Happy Mother's Day.....

Super Contributor

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day, I'm still devouring candy and enjoying flowers my DS's brought me.

We've pretty much had rain and a tad of thunder for the last 24 hours off and on, nothing to write home about but it did wash off the pollen on the car. Some people had some trees down around town but I just had rain. I ran errands earlier this week to avoid having to get out.

I had someone come out this week and give me an estimate to put a roof on my deck and make it into a screened in porch, it's not gonna happen. The estimate is more than my house cost years ago, also more than I paid for my new car just 4 years ago. It's ridiculous. I'll just save that project until my ship comes in! I plan to do something about my driveway this summer either pave or concrete it so I'll just be satisfied with that improvement and forget about a screened porch.

I planted some dwarf daylilies in pots on the deck and have yet to buy the ferns and some flowers for the planter boxes, that's on this weeks agenda too.

I put the In Motion Elliptical machine (F09935) together it was easier than I thought it would be. It works great and in short time is wearing me out! It was a good purchase.

I found out this week an old friend has passed away from cancer, my Dh worked with him and he was the baseball coach for one of my DS's. Also found out two girls have cancer, they are my boys age (in their 40's) and we all went to church together for decades, so much sickness and sadness. We who are in fairly decent health should really be grateful.

It's so tragic about all the miners in Turkey. My cousin's Dh is a retired miner and I am so glad he doesn't have to do that anymore.

I'm going to get off here and go fix some country fried steak, creamed potatoes and baby carrots and put it in the fridge, then I'll be set for the weekend. I boiled some of that good white corn yesterday I was telling you about from Piggly.

I got a postcard from Banker about a week ago, she was in Fla. for some much needed rest. Of course it had a picture of the beach on it, she's rubbing it in. LOL Her DD is doing better but still has a long way to go.

Take care.

Contributor

Hello you lovely ladies....yes,Lakk,my mothers day was great.My son & his wife and Ethan & Alyssa,took me & Tom out for Mexican food the day before.

Mindy is a mother too,plus a teacher at a middle school,and she wanted that day for herself,which I don't blame her.They also gave me a $50.00 gift certificate to an Italian restaurant...Bravo's...their food is amazing.

Tom got me exactly what I wanted...an autographed 16 by 20 inch picture of my baby....guess who...

Clint Close Up

Can you imagine those big blue eyes staring back at cha?

I got this other one on Mother's Day,'11...

Cheyenne with Brandy

Hope everyone is doing well...I don't want it to be hot hot hot...but it's been in the 40's & 50's here...brrrr!