Occasional Contributor

Re: Twilight Time (formerly Any retirees...)

Just dropping in for a minute to say hi. It is cold here like so many other places. At least we don't have any snow, just cold and windy. DH has to go to his new doctor today and I'm wishing that is was warmer, but so be it. I really hoping that he likes this new doc and that they hit it off, it not, oh boy.

Lakk - I know it's cold in TN. I am wishing for spring to get here really fast. Stay warm.

Today is my Mom's 91st birthday. I am so lucky to still have her. Her memory is much better than mine. LOL

Talk to you later. Everyone have a good day.

Super Contributor

Hi Banker,

Happy Belated B'day to your mom. How nice that she's able to live alone, so to speak, on your property. I know you have to go down and check on her several times a day but how blessed you are to still have her around.

Yep, it's 20 at the moment, suppose to be a high of 56 today and Tuesday a high of 12, so says my computer. I stock up and stay in and try to stay away from all the folks that are sick these days. I've been a little puny, just hope it doesn't get worse. I was suppose to attend something today that was going to last over 3 hours but have decided not to go as there will be a lot of people there and I don't need to be in a crowd collecting germs or spreading mine.

I should have hitched a ride with my son and family and gone to Fla., just joking. One son and his wife just returned from Fla. Friday and another son and my DIL left yesterday for another part of Fla. Honestly I really wouldn't want to go this time of year, I want to go in the summer. Maybe this is my year, we shall see. If I don't start going somewhere these tires are gonna dry rot! LOL

I'm in a de-cluttering mood again and doing o.k. but a long way from being where I want to be. It's one of my goals this year to get it all done, I'm guilty of buying two of some things 'just in case' something happens to the original one.

I can't believe myself, I watched another Ky basketball game yesterday. I am not a sports person but my Ky cousin got me interested in them. Last week I said to her why are there only KY fans in the stands? I had no idea, (lol) of course she said because Ky fans support the team and buy all the tickets. I guess you learn something new everyday. It's awful to be old and stupid!

Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies. I have cabin fever. It is very cold and snowy here. When will this end? Any news as to when this cold will end? I can't take much more of it. Have a good day and stay safe and warm.

Occasional Contributor

Hello Lakk, good to see you here. Sorry that you are feeling puny. I understand about not wanting to go around others in a big crowd. I finally have gotten over my ailment, but still don't seem to be running on all cylinders, just tired. I think that the weather has a big role in how I feel, I just hate the cold weather so much. Thanks for the birthday wishes for my Mom, I know that I am blessed to have her.

Our weather is about the same here. In the 50's today, and then the temps start falling after midnight until we are in the deep freeze again. I think that the weatherman said that we would be below freezing for over 60 hours. I am truly ready for this winter to be done and over.

Speaking of FL, it snowed some in the panhandle of FL on Friday!! I was threating to pull DH and the dogs and jump in the bus and head down there, but it's cold there also. And I read online that there is a chance that they will have some kind of wintry weather down there on Tuesday. So I guess you have to go farther south than PCB. I like going down there in the warmer months also. The latest we have been down there was in the first week of December. It was getting cold then, so I was ready to leave. I really hope that you will just make up your mind and go to FL. You would wonder why you waited so long. Your heart and soul with thank you.

Good luck with your de-cluttering. I need to do that in the worse way.

I don't really care for basketball but glad that you are enjoying watching it. KY is a great basketball team and the fans support them no matter what.

Take care and hope you get ahead of the puny stuff.

Bobbisue - Bless your heart, cold and snow. Oy! Our weather is supposed to be a little warmer at the end of this week, but I looked at AccuWeather the extended forecasts, and there is supposed to be another round of colder weather here in the first week of February. So I don't know if that's accurate or not, hope it's not right. I know that you do have cabin fever, but you don't want to take a chance of falling or in an accident. Maybe the middle of the week it will improve so that you can get out. Take care and stay warm.

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello ladies. Sorry to hear some of you are feeling badly. I can't remember the last time I had cabin fever like this - can relate. Took a drive in the country and bought some Fiestaware today at the Fiesta Cottage. Spending time with grandson. All of this helped to brighten my day. I'm curious --

What's your travel plans for 2014? I've got a quick trip to Phoenix in April to visit the latest addition to our family (grandson) to be born in March. They are naming him Brixen. Hmmm. Okay. I don't dare say a word! Daughter and SIL have common names and a common last name. They want to give him a different name. Trip to Door County, WI with my travel friends in June. Husband and I are going to celebrate our 35th anniversary in Lake Lure, North Carolina in September. Total nature trip. We're going to drive from Midwest. Looking forward to a trip with my best friend.

Would love to read about your travel plans! Take care. Some of you need to stay warm!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Ladies,

I hope everyone is warm and happy. Fortunately all the snow has missed me thus far, however with every hour today it's getting darker and the radar is not swaying in my favor. I think the forecast is 100% rain, that beats snow, I'll take it. I think all of us are having cabin fever, even me that rarely goes out. It seems like the weather is all anybody talks about anymore. LOL Of course I'm not the one shoveling my car out from under two feet of snow either!

ury,

Your travel plans sound very nice, I hope you have a good time. I have been (to Tuscaloosa, Ala.) 4 hours from this house twice since 2001 when I went to Fla. for my granddaughter's baptism. I think every year I'll go somewhere and then I don't so I have no plans. Banker and I don't usually go too far from home, she does get to Fla. often in better weather now that she bought a place down there, much deserved.

The rain has arrived, not much else going on around here but cooking, cleaning and laundry. I think I was blessed with some good new neighbors, I hope they stay a while.

I'm making some mac and cheese balls rolled in Panko bread crumbs, I'll let you know how they turn out. I've seen them on tv and they sure look good.

I hope some of you caught Rachael Ray's show this morning. She had a woman on fixing 10 recipes with only 2 ingredients. I'm going to try some of them, that's right up my alley.

Take care.

Super Contributor

Hello ladies hope your warm and you all had a nice weekend.

I just can't hold my tongue, woke up this morning and one of the leading news stories was that somebody in sports is gay then the French Pres. has to travel here alone because he and his live-in have broken up. WHO GIVES A RAT'S FANNY? What is this world coming to when these have to be major news stories.

Have a good day.

Super Contributor

I hope you ladies are doing well and staying warm. All is fine here, we were lucky again and only had rain and very little sleet that immediately melted. It's suppose to get warmer all week and by Monday it's suppose to be 60 here. I think I can handle that, I just feel sorry for everyone that's dealing with so much snow and ice.

My friend in South Carolina had a tree fall on her house today from the ice and several others she said the tops were bent over onto the ground. My cousin in Alabama had one fall on her backyard fence. No one was hurt so all is well, they just have to deal with repairs now.

I did make the mac and cheese balls with the Panko the other day and wasn't impressed, I won't make them again. I bought some Glory brand turnips greens some time ago and they were o.k. but this week I bought their green beans and they were very good, I'll buy more of them.

I watched the Beatles tribute the other night and thought it was good, it brought back some memories. I also watched another good UK basketball game tonight, they are really doing well.

Ladies if y'all don't start checking in I'm gonna run away from home. LOL

Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies....It is very cold here and another storm is headed this way tonight. Sick of winter. There seems to be no let up. Went to the market and stocked up so I can stay in out of the cold. The cold has been very bad for my COPD. I have cabin fever. I want to be out around people, but have to stay in.

I hope you all have a good day today and stay warm and safe.

Regular Contributor

Hey all, Well, winter just won't quit. Another storm here, but it does not affect us as much as it does in the south , and areas without lots of plows and the know how to drive in snow. I saw on the news tonight 60% of the US is covered with snow, up from 40% two years ago. Guess everyone needs to face the fact our climate and weather us changing. IIP: all is well here, Violet aged 4 called earlier and we spoke via FaceTime. It is so much fun to see her jump around via my iPad. She kissed me goodbye several times. The other two grandchildren are doing well. Oliver, 8, reads 5-6 books a week, I send him books a couple of times a month. He has the Seattle library on notice, they need more books! Sabine is 10, and quite active with sports and her violin. She emails me, so we keep in touch weekly. I review a lot of electronic gadgets for Amazon, the companies contact me, I try them, review them and then they are mine. So, my family is pretty well set. IiP: am thinking of downsizing, my home is too big, but it does need some upkeep, so must think the pros and cons. Stay safe everyone, and don't eat too many chocolates tomorrow. IIP: by the way, I have been enjoying the Olympics, the biathlon particularly interested me and the cross country skiing. Of course, the figure skating. I remember when I used to skate! Happy Valentines Day!