Valued Contributor

Re: Twilight Time (formerly Any retirees...)

I agree with you 100%, Shosh.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the changes. 

Regular Contributor

thank you angel, i enjoy being agreed with and it doesn't happen often enough to suit me !

lakk, doxie has been asking about you on her thread 'friends and doxie', she was chatting with moony, and your name came up- did you just have a birthday?

[ sorry if i got all this wrong, i am trying to recall correctly- hope you had a good birthday, and if i am wrong- please feel free to laugh at my foggy mind]

nothing special here, seems to have stopped raining long enough for dh to dig up his garlic bed, it is the only thing he grows anymore. has to be dry for a few days to harvest, it has rained for at least a bit of every day for weeks it seems.

got some more clothing for grandboys, hoping to see them soon before the stuff is outgrown.

hope you are all well and see you here soon.Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I hope all of you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  My sister has been here a couple of weeks, but left a few days ago so she could be off the highways before the holiday traffic.  Had a wonderful time and hated to see her go.  With all the rain we've had, for once we don't have a burn ban, so have been hearing lots of fireworks.

Super Contributor

Fallen Angel,

I'm so glad your sister  was able to come for a  visit.  I know you miss her and she's not the only one that doesn't want to be on the road  during a holiday. I do not leave the house  on any holiday.

We've had a lot of rain too but  at least it keeps me from having to water  what little flowers I have  this year. I bought some sunpatients for QVC and they are staying alive  and growing in the kitchen because I haven't seen fit to go get some new pots and soil. Maybe tomorrow.

I went to sleep in bed with a diet coke in my hand this moring, woke up when I dropped it and I  picked it up upside down. LOL  What a mess,  I'll be replacing a  comforter and featherbed soon. I took them off the bed, they are old so it's time anyway I just wasn't  wanting to do it right now. I have just  had a  tree cut down,  bought a new  stove and  had the deck  pressure washed and restained and had to replace a few boards on the deck.

The people across the street have never returned and it's still vacant,Thank you Lord. A  lady  (nurse)  bought the house behind me, she's just moving in this weekend so I guess for now I'll stop thinking about moving.

Banker said to thank you for your prayers, she's understandably  having a real hard time  wiith her mom's passing.

I loathe this new  system and probably will stop posting. I also have one of everything I think  QVC  sells so I'm  trying to ignore the shows and stop ordering.. 

I guess we have to  reply to each person  so I need to reply to Shosh.

Take care.

Super Contributor

Hi Shosh,

Yes MoonDance let me know about talking to Doxie and  finding out  Richie had passed away, so sad. He has been missed a long time since  he was so sick and unable to post. All is well here  hope all is well at your house.  Yes I had a birthday  the 1st. they seem to be rolling around  much quicker these days. Take care.

Regular Contributor

lakk Cat Very Happy

you don't have to post a separate reply to me, i will see whatever you write on this thread when i go into 'my activity' or what is left of it!

[ i wish i could see the recent posts while i am writing this, i forgot what i read already ! but i don't know how to do that.]

hello to angel - Woman Happy

[ i need an emoticon with sunglasses....Cat Mad

Contributor

Hello ladies...well,Lakk...ya finally made it to the big top."Bout time they put your thread somewhere.

I'm so glad your neighbors have skedaddled,and never to return.It must be a lot quieter in your 'hood,now.

I wish that Rich could be here,with us...but maybe he is.He loved chatting with us on this board.

R.I.P.,Rich...you are truly missed.

Valued Contributor

Hello, friends.  Hope you are all staying cool.  We are going into the 100's this week, so of course my central air is not working..It needs freon and new filters.  I'm now wishing I went back to Ohio with my sister, but I just have so much I need to do here.  She's packing up her house and getting ready to sell it and move down here - yea!!

Take care everyone.

Regular Contributor

angel

so happy for you and your sister, will be good to have each other's support.

i don't tolerate the heat, think it is even worse in tx tho, hope you get that fixed asap.

we have 2 central air units for this house, they are not 'old' but have had a few times where they conked out for asst reasons- and when a heat wave is going, getting a repairman in takes a long time here, they have to do the  'emergency' calls first- especially the refrigeration calls for businesses.

this past spring we decided to get ac tuneups for both units, like we do for the furnace every year. i think it was app $100 each, plus the cost of freon for 1 unit.

no guarantee something can't go wrong later, but it can prevent problems- like they test the pressure, and charge the unit with freon if needed- and if a leak is detected they may fix it, so it won't keep losing the charge.

when that is low, it can't cool efficiently, you only notice it isn't working right when it gets even hotter out and then suddenly it can't manage to cool the house on those days.

we were told that the old 'freon' type units aren't being made anymore, and we had to get a bigger, specialized ac repair company to charge ours now, as it is getting  harder for them to get the 'old' type freon, it is being phased out.  and they can't use the newer stuff in the 'old' units. i forget what all these types are called, but anyway, if your unit is more than a few years old, you likely need that older one.

don't know if it is an issue where you live, tho it is a national changeover to the newer, less polluting stuff. after having a few lengthy ac issues at the worst times, i decided to try the annual preseason tuneups, will see how that goes. it gave me some peace of mind anyway.

Cat Very Happy  how you doing lakk ?  hello to moony, and whomever is reading this thread.

and if angel already knew all that stuff about the ac, well then maybe it was useful to 'anonymous' reader.Woman Embarassed

keeping pre occupied with dr/dentist issues/visits- ugh. it seems one visit just leads to 5 more visits, nothing gets resolved....

dh brought home lots of nice fruits/veg from the farm stand today. got some  round ball shaped zucchini, which i will likely cut and 'grill' [roast in oven, we don't have a grill, but it comes out the same sort of]. season's first local slicing tomatoes and peaches, sugar plums- they all smell like summer, dh just had to have a tomato sandwich. now the pressure for me to use it all up before it spoils!

the squash tastes so sweet when 'farm fresh', but as it sits awhile, tastes bland, yet bitter...think that's why lots of folks don't like zucchini.

i do babble like a brook...[a cool refreshing brook ?Woman Tongue]

Super Contributor

Hello ladies,

Good to see you MoonDance. Shosh I have been enjoying some good tomatoes I  get  on the roadside from a  man that sets up his stand  6 days a week, they are so good. Must go tomorrow and get more I had my last one tonight and he isn't  there on Mondays.

Fallen Angel  Bless your heart  my central air is nice  but when  something goes wrong it's a  mess. I'm holding my breath because mine is 15 years old. Hope you get yours repaired soon.  So happy to hear your sister is moving down there. That will be nice and you will get out more  when she gets down there and you have someone to  go with, that's me, I  don't have that many people these days that  I wish  to  be  around therefore I stay here. LOL

Nothing going on here except the  house across the  street I have conplained about for years that has been vacant since  Feb. is now in foreclosure.  The bank sent people out to assess the house, they said they were going to  suggest it be TORN DOWN.  The said it is deplorable not worth saving.  So we shall see what happens. I couldn't begin to tell anybody how bad it was (according to my neighbors) but I guess this says it all. It's a shame the way some people live and that house was only built in 1985. I'm just thankful the  occupants are gone.

I have a few more things I need to do around here after  having the tree cut down, deck stained and bought a new stove,  I had the  SpaceMaker Barn  painted this week. It looks like new, it's 14 yrs. old and needed  painting but it's held up well. Now it  should outlast me.

Take care.