Esteemed Contributor

DD just called laughing like crazy.  She stopped at Dunkin on her way to work. The woman in front hopped out of her car, ran over and picked up a turtle in the second drive thru lane and moved him out of harms way.

DD said it was a good sized turtle, like a dinner plate. The woman ran back saying I'm sorry for holding up the line.  DD said it was fine she did a good thing.

DD said here was this woman dressed up (she guessed for work), holding this turtle out in front of her like it was a bomb, taking him somewhere safe.  It made her morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Turtle In The Drive Thru

Maybe he needed his morning coffee!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Lol! "holding this turtle out in front of her like it was a bomb."😅

Great story👏😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

We frequently find turtles in unsafe places and move them to better and safer places.

Contributor

Super good story!!!  LOL here.  There are good people everywhere.  Thanks for sharing.  

Honored Contributor

Got to be careful doing that ... if it's a snapping turtle it wouldn't have had a good ending.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia   Well, the little dude sure picked a doozy of a place.  That Dunkin is crazy in the morning. 2 drive thru lanes merge into one.  He was lucky this woman saw him.  DD couldn't see him from where she was.

He needed some pep in his step without a doubt.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Got to be careful doing that ... if it's a snapping turtle it wouldn't have had a good ending.

@rms1954 Actually saw that!  Near the beach.  Some good lookin' young guy (well dessed, sunglasses and all) in a very expensive red convertable, stopped in the middle of a 4-lane highway because a huge turtle was in the middle his lane.

The guy jumped out over the car door and sprinted toward the turtle and my husband and I both went "UH OH!"  Sure enough he picked up this HUGE turtle, and in a flash the turtle's neck shot out and back along it's shell and it barely missed the guy's arm!

The turtle got hurled into the median and the guy yelled G*)&% D@&$# TURTLE!  I WAS JUST TRYING TO SAVE IT!!!!!  That guy was cussing the turtle and running! He jumped back in his car and shot off down the highway with NO idea how close he came to a big chunk out of his arm.

We were happy the dummy was ok, and the irritated turtle, and we were laughing like crazy.  You could see other people in cars around us laughing too.