Esteemed Contributor

Re: Turn signals are not rocket science!

Riding with my MIL was like riding with Mr. Magoo.  God love her she was a hazard on the road. She was always gawking around everywhere but on the road. I wouldn't let my kids ride with her. She was like that in her early 60s.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

You must live in Santa Fe too.   Smiley Wink    We are astonished with how many vehicles run red lights here.   Also, stop signs.  It's like they don't exist.  I almost got hit the other day when a man just flew thru a stop sign.   I saw it coming and hit the horn.  He was able to stop before plowing into me.

Between there and my destination, I saw 3 other cars run red lights. 

If you go without looking both ways here, you're asking for an ambulance.

Honored Contributor

In Tx they are doing away with photo enforcement signs.

Really surprised about that .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819  I wasn't clear - I did not mean that the police car was doing surveillance at the moment you saw him.  He wouldn't have ever done surveillance in a marked vehicle.

ETA of course everyone should use turn signals all the time, but some habits are ingrained and hard to break.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Nightowlz 

You must live in Santa Fe too.   Smiley Wink    We are astonished with how many vehicles run red lights here.   Also, stop signs.  It's like they don't exist.  I almost got hit the other day when a man just flew thru a stop sign.   I saw it coming and hit the horn.  He was able to stop before plowing into me.

Between there and my destination, I saw 3 other cars run red lights. 

If you go without looking both ways here, you're asking for an ambulance.

@Bridgegal 

Not in Santa Fe. I'm in Ok. At least the rain they said we would get tonight & tomorrow looks like we won't get what they were saying. Suppose to be 100% on Mon.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

When two cars approach an intersection at the same time, there are rules that determine which car "goes first" For example one car going straight would have right away to opposing car that is turning. But NO.....the car going straight will stay stopped and WAVE for the car turning to go ahead.

It is not like we get to an intersection and then the cars make a mutual decision as to who has the right of way. 

Exactly!

This part of your post that I highlighted, did make me laugh though as I thought of the irony of it, as I could just imagine all different kinds of scenarios as drivers were trying to determine who goes next when one is trying to wave the other one on...

Should they draw straws, play cards, or flip a coin?! LOL!! Smiley LOL

My husband and I have seriously experienced this ourselves when driving where someone was waving us on when they shouldn't have because it was just too dangerous to really do so, and we were just kind of like left "scratching our heads about it..."