Trusted Contributor

Re: Try to tell me this wouldn't concern you.

Dear Lilac Tree,

Note to self: Collect money from E to pay Q for E's gift to C. 

Woman Wink  Woman Very Happy

" ... my daughter with whom I live (E) asked me to order it for her to give to C as she doesn't have an account with the Q."

Honored Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

Dear Lilac Tree,

Note to self: Collect money from E to pay Q for E's gift to C. 

Woman Wink  Woman Very Happy

" ... my daughter with whom I live (E) asked me to order it for her to give to C as she doesn't have an account with the Q."

@MsLomo

What a coincidence!  15 minutes ago I sent her a text reminding her to put some money in my account.  As we all know, Ms. Maran's items are not cheap!!

(Yes, even though we live together, we communicate via text, since she sleeps most of the day.)

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

The original post is like the Three Stooges "Who's On First, What's on Second". Between all the initials I could not begin to decipher it.
Trusted Contributor

Ford, I got your humor first read through. Probably because I have moments like that frequently haha.

You have the patience of a saint, reading each response and replying with a nice upbeat answer.

I honestly believe you are the only poster who can write a "humorous" story, just to share, and end up having 4 or 5 pages of people dissecting your post.

It used to hurt you, and really bum you out. I enjoy your posts, and I am happy to see that you can now just let things roll off your shoulders. After all these years, you can see it will never stop. You learned to roll with the flow. Heart

You are very lucky your girls are close to you (emotionally) and they care for you (physically). You have a good family Smiley Happy

I don't get the "Home for  Mom" solicitors. I am now getting "Do you wish to be cremated when you die?" letters in my mail, lol. Well, actually I do, but the ones that solicit me to have the pleasure is not getting my business haha. Smiley Happy

Holidays are almost over. This is the time of year I eagerly await for the month of January to arrive!

Respected Contributor

The "Who's on first" routine was from Abbott and Costello.  (Can't ID the poster b/c "reply" only links to the first post.  I wish QVC would fix that!)

Super Contributor

lt is a do do.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

The "Who's on first" routine was from Abbott and Costello.  (Can't ID the poster b/c "reply" only links to the first post.  I wish QVC would fix that!)

@Burnsite

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:
The original post is like the Three Stooges "Who's On First, What's on Second". Between all the initials I could not begin to decipher it.

@Burnsite

@You have to hit reply on the particular post you're responding to, then you can just use the @ symbol and choose that poster's nic from the list that comes up, @RainyDayGal

and type your response OR you can hit reply on her post, then hit quote and her post will appear and you type in your response. HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I only read half of the posts and I think by the other responses I got the gist of it as we say..

That said..what does make the most sense in all of the posts that I read..the Adult Daughter asked you to order something as she doesn't have an account...that is a simple fix...and easy to boot...and the answer that is the best when asked!

Seriously without snark..as I know you cannot tell tone on these boards. Let her get her own account - and everybody can keep track of their own gifts lol..If you text you have a phone and in that phone is all kinds of nifty things...and you can keep track of who and what you buy on any of the apps...or even the Calendar.

What I do with important info I want to remember and have with me..like a password that nobody will know to what..I will write a slang/hint that only I would know...and then the info I want...and text it to myself...it automatically comes up ME in message section and I have all type of info!  For instance I have a off shoot account that I have small amount Direct Deposited in...I never remember the pin..so I slanged the place convenience store that has free ATM ...and the four digit pin..nobody would ever guess what I meant!