Trusted Contributor

Trusted shopping website for grocery items?

My local supermarked discontinued a couple of products I use regularly so I need to shop online for them.

If you do this, who do you use?  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Trusted shopping website for grocery items?

Depending on what you need, you can try Amazon Pantry, but it's only available for Prime members.

I do my online grocery shopping with Instacart, but they pick things up at the local grocery store, so that wouldn't help with your situation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have started ordering more online since we set up Amazon Prime a couple years ago.

We live in a smaller area so cannot always find what we use, need or want so I started ordering online. I just don't have time to run all over town looking for something to come back home empty handed.

I use Amazon or Amazon Pantry, Wal-Mart & Target.

I also order groceries online from Wal-Mart to pick up since they don't deliver here. It's easier than wasting my time in the store looking for stuff because they keep moving it.

I'm going to try Aldi's next since they started.

Trusted Contributor

There are three local grocery stores in my area and two use Instacart and 1 uses Shipd. I usually use Wegmans, who uses Instacart. Good luck with your online grocery ordering.

Honored Contributor

For nonperishables theres Amazon, Walmart and for certain things, Dollar General are the ones I use.  I still go to the store to purchase perishable items.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I didn't think of Walmart pick up, thank you!! I looked and they carry all of the gluten free items that I need. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover   I second the recommendation for Walmart.  For free shipping you must meet a $35.00 minimum which isn't hard to do with what I order--heavy large bags of dry cat and canned cat food, 20 lbs. of rice, Duke's mayo, Lily flour, Asian condiments, dill relish, white pepper, celery seed.  Things that my nearby supermarket don't stock or stocks at a much higher price. 

I keep a running list so that before I run out of a certain item I put it on my next order.

Usually receive delivery in one or two days depending on time of day I place the order, or which warehouse items are coming from.

They tell you how they have split the order and what will come when.  If there is any problem they will e-mail you.

I use Rakuten or Wikibuy, to get some cash or gift card rewards, whatever the best deal is, to get the biggest "bang" for my buck.  I just got a $53.19 order there with only $3.19 out of my pocket by using a Wikibuy credit to get an online gift card to use at Walmart.  I have another $30.00 gift card from Wiki for them I haven't used yet.

Good luck and happy shopping. 

Honored Contributor

One of my daughters uses WM pickup...she has four kids under five....so it’s perfect for her...she orders online then just goes to the store to the designated spot and they load the groceries into the car. I wish there had been online shopping when I was a young mother!