Respected Contributor

Re: Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc. has filed for its third bankruptcy

On 9/9/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/9/2014 minkbunny said:
On 9/9/2014 Caravaggio said:

Considering the current state of the NFL and its apparent disregard for the treatment of women. Donald Trump becoming an owner of the Bills is the least of their worries.

Believe it or not, the man who won, Terry Pegula has his wife as a full partner in his businesses.

They will be good for the NFL.

Believe it or not, the man who won, Terry Pegula has his wife as a full partner in his businesses

Why would it be hard to believe than a man's wife is a full partner in their business?

Because of all the negative, anti-woman talk currently going on in the NFL.

A very small portion of the NFL. And I would assume the businesses that his wife is full partner in were not, previous to this acquisition, the NFL. In this day and age, I would not think it odd for a man and wife to be full partners in any business.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Love Roses said:

Nothing against Donald Trump. He and his investments hire lots of folks - people have jobs because of him. He's wealthy and that makes him a target of envy and gossip. Lots of petty folks out there.

He has ripped off a lot of his workers and vendors too...through his numerous bankruptcies.

Terrier, it's the bankruptcy judge who decides who the guy has to pay or not. many more wealthy businesses and investors also rip off, it's called white collar thievery - we just don't hear about all of it as they fly under the radar (the media).

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Nothing against Donald Trump. He and his investments hire lots of folks - people have jobs because of him. He's wealthy and that makes him a target of envy and gossip. Lots of petty folks out there.

He has ripped off a lot of his workers and vendors too...through his numerous bankruptcies.

Terrier, it's the bankruptcy judge who decides who the guy has to pay or not. many more wealthy businesses and investors also rip off, it's called white collar thievery - we just don't hear about all of it as they fly under the radar (the media).

So just because other businessmen do the same thing...it's OK?

I don't think so.

He is a legend in his own mind...that's about it.

Respected Contributor

Donald Trump only owes 10% stake. Always after Donald Trump. Look at all the people he does employ.

Esteemed Contributor

So just because other businessmen do the same thing...it's OK?

I don't think so.

He is a legend in his own mind...that's about it.

No, it's not okay and please don't go that way. He does have his ego like most males, he just gets the publicity.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Most bankruptcies (we do them here at work) are to reorganize debts and debtors, business deals if you will. Unless a business is totally closed down and no business at all is taking place in that piece of real estate, there would be no reason for all employees to have to leave.

I would think, on the whole, that more people are employed by Mr. Trump than have lost their jobs due to any reorganization of his business dealings.

Honored Contributor

He becomes very indignant when anyone points out he has gone bankrupt before and don't mention his hairdo eitherSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Most bankruptcies (we do them here at work) are to reorganize debts and debtors, business deals if you will. Unless a business is totally closed down and no business at all is taking place in that piece of real estate, there would be no reason for all employees to have to leave.

I would think, on the whole, that more people are employed by Mr. Trump than have lost their jobs due to any reorganization of his business dealings.

I'm not sure how interested he remains in the Taj since he wants his name removed. Looks like he wants to abandon this investment.

Respected Contributor

On 9/9/2014 ------ said:

I'm not sure how interested he remains in the Taj since he wants his name removed. Looks like he wants to abandon this investment.

I agree, he wants out of the businesses that he is not actively involved in (or so I have heard). I believe he just licensed his name to some.

And frankly, that is one gaudy building. I would want out too {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 ------ said:

I agree, he wants out of the businesses that he is not actively involved in (or so I have heard). I believe he just licensed his name to some.

And frankly, that is one gaudy building. I would want out too {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

It really is horrible looking. It reminds me of those plaster cast molds that I made as a kid.