Honored Contributor

I hate reading this more than any other bankruptcy I've head of.  It's right up the street with easy parking.  I can find anything I need for the house and lots of help and advice on fixing things.  I really depend on them often.

1000004118.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That is sad because it's such a great hardware store!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: True Value Hardware

[ Edited ]

That's sad.  I like the neighborhood ACE, too.

Trusted Contributor

Exactly how I felt when the Bed Bath and Beyond 2 blocks from me closed a few years ago.  Still annoyed!

Respected Contributor

We love this hardware store! The stores are all independently owned so they won't close, according to the article I read. True Value is filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy. The brand is being sold to a brand I never heard of, so guess we will need to stay tuned. k We depend on our neighborhood store because the owner/staff actually know what tthey have, where it is, and act like they appreciate your business. So much better than wandering around Lowes or HDepot. I hope this filing results in the stores being better than ever.

I also heard that Bed,Bath and Beyond is reopening stores since their online site has been pretty much a flop. Truth is stranger than fiction!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Just makes you sick. 

Honored Contributor

I live in the "old" part of town...and just about everything has moved out to the suburbs...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

We have a True Value right down the road.  Don't go very often but it's nice that it's there.  They are more helpful than the big box stores.  Clark Howard recently did a video "Why we like True Value."

Respected Contributor

Beyond Inc. has entered into a licensing agreement to sell "Bed Bath & Beyond" branded merchandise at over 100 Container Stores.

Container Stores is also struggling financially,  so hopefully this investment benefits both parties.

Respected Contributor

We found a BIG local hardware store when we moved.  Love it there.  The staff knows all the merchandise, what to suggest.  A lot of the small, local owned stores just can't make it.  Hard to find a knowledgeable HD or Lowes (at least our local stores).