Respected Contributor

Re: True Confessions: All of a Sudden I Like Rick Domeier

I have always liked Rick.  I remember when he talked about his Dad and watching him gives me the impression that he is a happy, family oriented man with a good sense of humor.  I get what I need to about the products when Rick is presenting and he puts forth the effort to show to the best advantage

Esteemed Contributor

@Cherylou wrote:

I started liking him when I saw him on a video with Lisa Robertson when they visited with Antonella during her cancer journey.  They both adore her, and I am sure think the Q treated her very badly.

@Cherylou QVC did not treat her badly. It is a business period, and they make decisions based on business. 

Respected Contributor

We are all different and have our reasons why we like, or don't like someone.

Is he hyper?  A wee bit.  I've always liked Rick (my husband does also).  He's hilarious and KIND.  Listen how he talks to the callers, epecially older ones.  He is quite the gentleman.

And he plays well with the vendors (love him with Chris Pryme and Valerie).  He has a lot of good qualities.Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I first started watching QVC I thought Rick was loud and obnoxious....but as time went on I didnt know if he mellowed or perhaps some of the other hosts they hired were even louder---LOL---but now I enjoy watching Rick especially with Valerie Parr Hill---he does a good job and does it with humor and wit too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

It is easy to "read between the lines" when they aren't saying what their faces do.
Honored Contributor

Funny, I have had the opposite reaction as OP.  I used to really like Rick, but lately he gets on my nerves. The last time I saw him he was presenting the TSV for the latest Ninja Foodi entry and I left after watching the entire presentation with questions left unanswered about the product, and I wasn't even interested in it.  I already have an earlier version that fits my space and my needs.

Honored Contributor

all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago I like Alberti lol.

before that I didnt care for watching him and never would watch a show he hosted!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Rick has grown on me. I like that he always seems in on the joke and doesn't take himself so seriously. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure Rick is a great person, a wonderful husband and father but...

when he starts jumping around like a maniac screaming over a Lock n Lock TSV my anxiety goes through the roof. I just can't. He makes Susan Graver look as if she has been tranquilized.

Honored Contributor

Nope--he is still one of the top few hosts that drive me insane and that I don't watch.