Esteemed Contributor

Re: Troops are sent to New York containment zone

I just hope this too, is not over reported and sensationalized. I respect the governor's decision, but not the almost certain media frenzy of inducing further panic, that will ensue..

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I just hope this too, is not over reported and sensationalized. I respect the governor's decision, but not the almost certain media frenzy of inducing further panic, that will ensue..

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

The National Guard is brought in for all sorts of things.  I haven't seen a media frenzy about it, and I don't see why it would cause panic.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

What the hell are troops going to do  ?  This is an airborne virus for God sake. 

See Post # 2

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

What the hell are troops going to do  ?  This is an airborne virus for God sake. 

See Post # 2

@Reever  Also, see post 8. This was ground zero and the National Guard is there to help. Explained in post 8. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

See Post # 2

And #8.  And others.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan  @proudlyfromNJ  @mom2four0418 

Reading really is fundamental. Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

According to NBC New York. Channel 4, online:

"The New Rochelle containment zone goes into effect Thursday, March 12 and will remain in effect for two weeks, through March 25. Officials stress it's not a lockdown. Those who aren't quarantined will be able to leave their homes and go to work or elsewhere. Local businesses can remain open. People are free to walk the sidewalks."

@Mindy D   So how will the troops determine who is supposed to stay in quarantine vs. those who are allowed to leave their homes?

Do all residents work only in New Rochelle??

Will houses have signs "QUARANTINED" as my parents house did in the 1940's for scarlet fever?  (Before my time)

I understand this attempt and I know the troops will be cleaning schools and delivering food.

My concern is how does one determine who can go out and about?  I'm sure not all residents are confined to New Rochelle for work.

Can somebody explain for me?

The National Guard isn't there to enforce the quarantine. They are there to help clean and they will deliver stuff to people who are quarantined. The health department has a list of people that need help and are quarantined. It's based on the first person who got it and his synagogue etc. The NY health department and NY homeland security are overseeing it.

The governor often uses the National Guard when he needs the hands on help. We had them here in November just to clear snow. I saw them and didn't even realize who they were until later. Didn't think anything of it.

@pigletsmom   Thank you for the extra details.

I knew the National Guard would be sanitizing and delivering foods but I hadn't heard how those in quarantine would be identified.

I hope this works-I was just questioning how those not affected would leave outside of the containment area.

Hopefully none will test positive later.  Seems to be under control though.

Thanks again.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Just another sensationalistic headline that does NOT tell all of the facts.

FACT: THEY ARE THERE TO CLEAN, NOT IMPOSE MARTIAL LAW!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.