Honored Contributor

Trooper & his K9 rescue abandoned puppies

[ Edited ]

Three puppies were saved from almost certain death thanks to a kind-hearted officer and his devoted K-9 dog.

Georgia Department of Public Safety Trooper Jordan Ennis and his loyal German Shepherd K-9, Tek, were driving in southwest Atlanta on Monday, near a well known place for criminals to dump stolen cars when they caught sight of a much cuter dump.

The sad looking puppies were sitting in a briar patch on the side of the road in southwest Atlanta when Trooper Ennis and his K-9 came across them

Three puppies were sitting in a briar patch with hang-dog expressions. The puppies looked to be only weeks old and were of varying colors.

The officer 'knew no one was coming for them' the Georgia Department of Public Safety wrote on its Facebook page.

The cop took custody of the abandoned pups and loaded them into the back of his squad car, and Tek decided to jump in to keep them company.

At headquarters, all three of the pups were promptly adopted by staff members.

'A Trooper never knows what he may encounter on a shift, but a day with puppies is a good day,' the department wrote.

Tek earned his keep that day by keeping the puppies company until they got back to headquarters - and to forever homes 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Re: Trooper & his K9 rescue abandoned puppies

I LOVE this! Beautiful dog, adorable puppies!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love a happy ending!!!

Honored Contributor

That's so sweet, and so sad too...about the puppies. I hope they find good loving homes for them.

Animals just want to give and receive unconditional love, and they are so dependent on us. They are gifts to us and all they expect is love and care in return. They are so vulnerable. So all of that just breaks my heart when I see these stories. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

That's so sweet, and so sad too...about the puppies. I hope they find good loving homes for them.

Animals just want to give and receive unconditional love, and they are so dependent on us. They are gifts to us and all they expect is love and care in return. They are so vulnerable. So all of that just breaks my heart when I see these stories. 

My sentiments exactly.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  IG, you always have the cutest posts!  I really think God led that cop and his canine to that location, don't you?  It's impossible to imagine anyone dumping those adorable little pups.  Now they all have a new home.....perfect!  Heart

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A gazillion Heart for this post! So glad the Trooper cared enough to do something and that these sweet babies now have good homes. 

What kind of sick person does these kinds of things?? Poor little pups!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm glad the puppies were rescued. Unfortunately this is common in the deep south.  That's why they have rescues who fly them out and into other states.   Pilots and Paws is one such group.

Respected Contributor

aww they are so cute.glad they were rescued and adopted. i bet "TEK" alerted his partner that the pups nearby.  dogs are so intelligent!!

Respected Contributor

That is a "warm" thread for a cold day.