Honored Contributor

This AM I went to the Clinic pharmacy, it's in the clinic, no drive thru and before I even made it to the lobby, I saw tables set up .  Before you went any further they took your temp.  I need to look into getting my prescriptions mailed, I never saw the need before. Well, at least I don't have a temp. 😏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1  So that was the screening for COVID 19?   Not everyone has the same or all of the symptoms.  Strange.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1  So that was the screening for COVID 19?   Not everyone has the same or all of the symptoms.  Strange.

@Katcat1 , Well, it is a hospital, so  people have to come in.  You can't get an exam in the lobby.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1 , Well, it is a hospital, so  people have to come in.  You can't get an exam in the lobby.  

Last Friday I stopped to pick up my meds and the pharmacy is in the same building as the doctor’s office. It was a pretty day and they had a table set up outside and were doing the same. They checked my temp and ask me a few questions. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1I don't think it's all that strange that different people have different reactions.    Seems to me that's true of plenty of problems we see in the human body.  Just one example, I can't tolerate penicillin -  or at least I reacted badly 60 years ago and then only 30 years ago when a doctor tried it again.   Still, millions of patients have used it with no difficulty all those years.

I know this virus is more easily contagious than some, more deadly than some, but I don't know any viruses that affect everyone the same way.

I think one of the dangers of this iteration of the virus is that the vast majority who have it don't get horribly ill -  and that makes way too many people complacent and/or too selfish to act so it doesn't spread more.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I've been getting my prescriptions from a military pharmacy. 
  When it's a new prescription I have to take a number and sit with about 60+ people who could be sick. Most others have preference so jump ahead.  It can take an hour or more. 
  For refills there's a satellite pharmacy near the P X. A month ago when anticipating being secluded I asked the pharmacist if I could do an early refill. It had to be 75% used. Now I'm in self quarantine since I'm older.
  I called the mail order service and they set up automatic refills & online. No more virus exposure and calling to refill and having to wait in line. It's $10 where on post it's free, but certainly worth it!😀

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@QVCkitty1   I've been getting my prescriptions from a military pharmacy. 
  When it's a new prescription I have to take a number and sit with about 60+ people who could be sick. Most others have preference so jump ahead.  It can take an hour or more. 
  For refills there's a satellite pharmacy near the P X. A month ago when anticipating being secluded I asked the pharmacist if I could do an early refill. It had to be 75% used. Now I'm in self quarantine since I'm older.
  I called the mail order service and they set up automatic refills & online. No more virus exposure and calling to refill and having to wait in line. It's $10 where on post it's free, but certainly worth it!😀

@1Snickers  Thanks, it makes sense these days.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I've been doing home delivery of meds for years. The only thing they won't ship thru the mail is opiods, so you have to use a local pharmacy for that. They send notices when it's time to order or if you wish you can sign up for auto delivery. Also, free shipping. I've never had anissue getting anything.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trip to the pharmacy

[ Edited ]

A guy that works with DH has cancer & had to start treatment. He said they take your temp before they will let you in the building. If you have a temp you don't get in. He is also driving to an area with Covid-19 cases. We don't have any in our County yet but this guy may bring it back with him?

Our Credit Union is by appointment only now. Their doors are locked. We have to use the ATM or set up an appointment to get cash???

DH picked up cash to last because we are not dealing with this krap.