Honored Contributor

They had someone checking everyone had a mask before entering the store.

Then one of the first displays were clear plastic shields that covered your face. They went from above your eyes to a bit past your chin. 

So we checked out the isle. They had everything - bottles of alcohol, alcohol swabs, disposable masks, washable masks, several types of masks, all kinds of hand soaps - I really think they had every item you would need. 

Since we are still under quarantine, we decided to buy more masks because we have no idea how long this will last. 

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla, wow! Thanks so much for the heads-up! How much do the clear plastic shields cost? 

Honored Contributor

They got toliet paper back in, too.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining 
They were about $12.00. And I am not sure of there were 10 or 12 in the package. I was so tempted to put a package in the cart. But then I got to thinking would I really need/use them. And haven't felt I needed them.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

They got toliet paper back in, too.

And you know what - I think just about every cart had a 30 roll package. I was surprised to see that. Plus a package of paper towls too.

Valued Contributor

I was going to go to sam's but there was a huge line outside as they were limiting the number of people inside the stores.  Is that still the case?  I'm all for social distancing I just didnt feel like standing on a huge line like that in the middle of the day. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Sam's Club last week and I noticed the toilet paper and paper towel isle was full again, but I also noticed that the mega packages of toilet paper were about two thirds the size as before,  so more packages to go around.  They had all brands plus the store brand.  I didn't notice if they did the same with the paper towels.

They also were selling the shields by the entrance door, but were all sold out when I was there, but did have boxes of 50 for $24.95 of the paper masks, and they had a large stock of those.  The last 2 weeks I've noticed all stores are carrying masks of some type.

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

I was going to go to sam's but there was a huge line outside as they were limiting the number of people inside the stores.  Is that still the case?  I'm all for social distancing I just didnt feel like standing on a huge line like that in the middle of the day. 

Last Friday we tried to go to Sam's. It was pouring rain and the line to get into the store was down the side of the building all the way to the next store in the center. No way were we going to wait 20 or so minutes just to get in. But because the pickings are slim what stores are open, your choices are few.

Today we went to a different Sam's today. They have everything marked off for where the line to get into the store usually is but we went at 10:10AM. So somehow we didn't have to wait in line. We just walked in. I think that the number of people in line to check out determine how the line moves outside.

This Sam's is great. There are always about 10 lanes open with people attending to people checking out and then they have 10 self check out lanes. So things move right along. That is why we shop almost exclusively at Sam's now. Our Costco does not have self check out and rarely more than 4 people checking you out. The wait is horrible.

Honored Contributor

Things are getting better, no need to hoard again.

Honored Contributor

every area is different. it is a hit or miss depending on the day and time.

i am at sams once a week usually.

still no toilet paper, but last week i managed to snag paper towels although the display was fast depleted.

no special aisle for virus related stuff.

in our state everyone has to wear a mask inside of a store.

not all chicken was available....just drumsticks and boneless breasts.

certain items are stocked well, some aisles have empty shelves.

the only type of store i have seen fully stocked with just about everything is the liquor stores! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein