Super Contributor

Trip to NYC - suggestions for Beatles exhibits?

My daughter loves to the Beatles. She is taking a trip into NYC today with a friend. They are going to visit Strawberry Fields, and the Dakota (where JL was shot).

She would love to do some more stuff that is related to the Beatles.

Any ideas? TIA

Super Contributor

Re: Trip to NYC - suggestions for Beatles exhibits?

if she wants to go to West Village, 84 Christopher Street...it's the brownstone Yoko Ono lived in previously as John passed...it looks like nothing from the outside but we stayed a few months ago at 82 Christopher and they are gorgeous inside..just some trivia if she's interested..kind of a fun area to walk around and I almost always see someone. Hope she has a blast!

Honored Contributor

Other than the ones mentioned there are a few local Beatles tribute bands one called ""Strawberry Fields"" plays at BBKings on 42nd Stret very often

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Of course there's the Ed Sullivan Theater where they first performed in 1964. It's on Broadway between West 53rd and West 54th Street. They stayed at the Plaza Hotel on the 15th floor. It's at 5th Avenue and Central Park South.

Unfortunately, the 50th anniversary of their arrival in the U.S. was celebrated this past February when there were a lot of events in NYC. Other than occasional tribute concerts (I believe there is one at B.B. King's on 8/23 or 8/24?, I haven't heard of anything going on in terms of events or exhibits. I have seen the Beatles' tribute band Rain and thought they were excellent.

Super Contributor

Enjoy!