Honored Contributor

Trick or Treating out of my house and home

The temps are in the 60's.  It's a gorgeous evening.  A million kids are out there.....coming to my home.  I completely ran out of candy.  And i purchased extra because I knew it was going to be a good evening.  After the candy went....I started to give out money....loose change.  Then I ran out of change. Then I eyed my dollar bills.  I have 11 singles left.  I was about to give those out, when my husband said that was enough.  So we locked down and took the light off.  What an evening!  We do have a lot of children in the neighborhood though. 

The kids were jumping around, glad they didin't have to cover their costumes. Showing off.  And they were amazing.  A three year old dressed as a nun.  She had the wimple on her head and a long chain of beads tied around her waist.  Another child came dressed as the candy Life Savers.  Another kid as a a pirate.  Another one dressed as a Zebra. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Trick or Treating out of my house and home

What a beautiful night for Trick or Treating. The weather was nice, Not raining, not cold, not windy. But we did not have nearly as many kids as we had in years past.

We bought 4 bags of 5 pounds of candy. Guess we will just have to eat the rest ourselves. 

Every kid was so polite. I told the kids to help themselves. And everyone only took one piece of candy. I told them to take more. The bowl is still half full. 

Esteemed Contributor

No kids.  We live on a remote cul-de-sac with no streetlights, though.

DH is taking the candy to work and storing it until we make our Thanksgiving run to a local family shelter.  If it stays in the pantry I will eat it!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

It was busy here.  I don't know where all the kids came from.  I don't think there are that many in the neighborhood.  I gave out way more candy than I expected.  We have set trick or treat hours 4-7pm.  I opened shop around 4:20 and shut down at 6pm.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

No kids.  We live on a remote cul-de-sac with no streetlights, though.

DH is taking the candy to work and storing it until we make our Thanksgiving run to a local family shelter.  If it stays in the pantry I will eat it!

@Sweetbay magnolia  We live at the end of a cul de sac too....we get maybe 3 kids on a good night. 

Valued Contributor

No kids for us.  There never are.  We're on a small private road (only one car can get thru at a time) and it dead ends with no good place to turn around.  We have no street lights.  We have our house all lit up in hopes of seeing little ones, year after year, and our neighbors NEVER put outdoor lights on.  We buy good, full size chocolate bars of every variety year after year in the hopes someone will come, and they never do, so alas, I have to eat it.  Stinks to be me - LOL!  Happy Halloween.

Valued Contributor

Wow, I had the opposite problem.  Only had 1 trick or treater.  And I had full size Hershey and Snickers bars.  There's a street one over from me that I saw quite a few kids walking in the distance, however, they tend to stay on that particular street and don't venture beyond.  Oh well, Snickers is my favorite and trick or treat to me!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

It is a great night, warmish and the rain has held off. The kids are out in droves, Happy Halloween !🎃👻👽☠️👺💀

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Songbird1 - Loved your story.  The part you mention about giving out singles made me think of the Halloween episode of the t.v. show Friends where Rachel takes out her checkbook cause she ran out of candy and writes a check to one little girl she can't resist.  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

I live in a senior complex so no trick or treaters here.  Yes, it can get expensive if you get a lot of kids but I am sure the costumes are amazing.

kindness is strength