Esteemed Contributor

NJ- outside NYC: almost 7PM, 50 degrees. Clear, light breeze. So far 3 kids- trick or treating together. I bought two bags of candy. Should have bought one. 

Fewer and fewer kids each year. Maybe the young ones Trunk or Treat now rather than going door to door. I live in a neighborhood. My sons are grown (mid-20's). Most of the neighbors who have younger kids don't know me; maybe that's why the kids are not stopping here. The neighbors who do know me have kids that are either too old or two young to T or T. 

My house is well lit with a few decorations.

Honored Contributor

chilly 58 and a bit wet since it rained earlier

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

There's a snap in the air in SE FL, and the kids have been out in force.  They are so cute!

I am out of candy already and have had to switch off the porch light and unplug the jack o' lantern.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trick or Treat Weather

[ Edited ]

It's pretty close to freezing here and with the wind blowing is darn cold! There's never a lot of trick or treaters out here anyway. Most of them go to a near-by mall where there's Halloween activities and candy handouts...not to mention warmer and safer.

Honored Contributor

Metro DC it was in the 40s during the height, but it didn't feel cold.  No wind at all.  Very few kids had coats or sweathers on.  Most had pretty elaborate costumes that were keeping them warm.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Alexa says it's 57° right now, chilly enough to need a jacket.  I used to hate when we had to wear coats over our costumes.

I haven't see a trick or treeter for years.  I don't even buy candy and I live in a typical suburban neighborhood.  I dont know why we never have kids around.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

NYC:  it’s almost 9pm so Halloween is over for most kids. It was about 54 degrees, clear and dry, for T or T. Not one kid, teen or adult rang the bell!

i had a bag of 30 pieces of tootsie roll various candy types. Hate the stuff and bought it to give away, to keep myself from gorging. Now what?

I also prepared for kids with allergies who can’t have chocolate or nuts. I looked online for best candy for allergic kids. The website also covered factories free of allergen products. I got lollipops, skittles, and jelly beans. Those were recommended as safe for kids with food taboos. 

Nice weather for costumes. Where were the kids this year?

Esteemed Contributor

75 degrees, perfect weather. Gave out so many candy. Now watching Game 6

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Alexa says it's 57° right now, chilly enough to need a jacket.  I used to hate when we had to wear coats over our costumes.

I haven't see a trick or treeter for years.  I don't even buy candy and I live in a typical suburban neighborhood.  I dont know why we never have kids around.

@Kachina624

The crowds have been dwindling in our neighborhood, too.  Always have candy at the end of the night.  And I buy the full-size bars at Costco!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

55 degrees and dry here (Seattle area).  Kids are just starting to come.  I bought small bags of cookies this year for a change.