Honored Contributor

Re: Tributes pour in for Bourdain

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

I have no clue who this man is; I don't watch CNN (rarely watch TV in general). It is obvious, however, that many DID and have been shocked by the news. To his family, may they find in peace and to him, RIP.

@SahmIam. He was a NYC chef and wrote a book Kitchen Confidential. From there he had a food show on the travel channel and traveled the world introducing viewers to foods of different countries. After a few years his show went to CNN. 

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed watching him and all the exotic places he visited.

I will miss seeing him on Parts Unknown.  RIP.........

Super Contributor

He will be missed, one in a million who touched so many.  We traveled with him to places I never thought about going and he made it so interesting for us all, breaking bread with the common man. He was a rough customer and talked about his drug problem in his book. He didn't mind speaking his mind and that was part of his appeal.  I will miss him so much.

Honored Contributor

@cherry thank you for starting this thread.  

I always enjoyed following his travels.

Peace to him, his friends, and family.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I will never understand insensitive comments, especially on this subject. Speak from experience, and lived through my own despair.

Try understanding why? Does anyone come on a thread knowing that the topic isn't of any interest, then insult others, make offensive statements. 

Please, Words have power. Choose wisely. 

Respected Contributor

I liked him from the first time I saw his show (and just him!) years and years ago and I also really enjoyed his books. Talented man. He will be missed.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

I will never understand insensitive comments, especially on this subject. Speak from experience, and lived through my own despair.

Try understanding why? Does anyone come on a thread knowing that the topic isn't of any interest, then insult others, make offensive statements. 

Please, Words have power. Choose wisely. 

We can learn from each other.  I pray you and your situation is better.

People don’t truly understand suicide until affected by it. Like you, it has touched my life too. Bless you. @Sweet_Serenity

Respected Contributor

If something a kind poster said in a post helps just one person find hope or seek help, I will gladly offer up every first page to this topic. Some things are bigger than a fashion post.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know him but I'm sorry about his death.  When a person is so troubled with depression, unhappiness or some sort of dispodent feelings, it must be extremely overwhelming.  If you even remotely have any of these feelings, please talk to someone.  Your life has purpose and the loved ones you leave behind suffer greatly.  May God bless his soul.