Honored Contributor

Re: Trial of Boston Marathon Bomber could last until June

On 3/6/2015 hckynut said: Ridiculous! Spending all these $$$$$$$$ to try a terrorist?

Right now he is classified as a defendant, he is still eligible for a lawful trial.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/6/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/6/2015 hckynut said: Ridiculous! Spending all these $$$$$$$$ to try a terrorist?

John - that's what separates us from places like Russia or N. Korea.

EVERYONE in the USA is entitled to a fair trial by a jury of his/her peers.

I certainly hope he doesn't have many peers running loose around Boston.

Honored Contributor

The terrorists in the 1st World Trade Center bombing were tried in Civilian Court, and what did we get in return? 9-11-01. It separates us alright! If "terrorists"vare to be tried it should be in a Military Tribunal as enemies of our country, not as criminals.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 hckynut said: The terrorists in the 1st World Trade Center bombing were tried in Civilian Court, and what did we get in return? 9-11-01. It separates us alright! If "terrorists"vare to be tried it should be in a Military Tribunal as enemies of our country, not as criminals.

John, once again, the defendants that were tried in the first WTC were not classified as enemy combantants. The people ultimately responsible for 911 were not even on the radar during the time period. You keep throwing the word around, but unless someone who is suspected of a crime is classified as such, they should and will be treated like any other defendant. .

Honored Contributor

I will keep throwing "that word" around. I ain't concerned what the PC Police use as "that word", and I wasn't in the Fort Hood act of terrorism(work place violence),right! Blowing up innocents is criminal? Not to me, and to me I will always call it what it is, TERRORISM, you call it what you please.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 hckynut said: I will keep throwing "that word" around. I ain't concerned what the PC Police use as "that word", and I wasn't in the Fort Hood act of terrorism(work place violence),right! Blowing up innocents is criminal? Not to me, and to me I will always call it what it is, TERRORISM, you call it what you please.

I have no idea why you are so angry, but you have hinted that he is not worthy of a trial. We have explained why, you can continue to use whatever terminology, even it is not fitting or appropriate, that you wish.

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 terrier3 said:

John - that's what separates us from places like Russia or N. Korea.

EVERYONE in the USA is entitled to a fair trial by a jury of his/her peers.

I dunno, he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it. Whateves, lol.

Super Contributor

Tsarnaev, it has been reported, cannot even look people in the eye. Step up to the plate, little boy. Your time has come to show the world just how you can try to justify what you did. The pictures being released are horrendous.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/6/2015 hckynut said: I will keep throwing "that word" around. I ain't concerned what the PC Police use as "that word", and I wasn't in the Fort Hood act of terrorism(work place violence),right! Blowing up innocents is criminal? Not to me, and to me I will always call it what it is, TERRORISM, you call it what you please.

The Constitution guarantees the right to a fair, impartial trial. The terrorists do not want us to have this right -- among many others. Apparently you have something in common with the terrorists. You are no better than them if you desire this right to be taken away. Plain and simple. Your anger or sense of patriotism or indignation notwithstanding.

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Cakers1 said:

Tsarnaev, it has been reported, cannot even look people in the eye. Step up to the plate, little boy. Your time has come to show the world just how you can try to justify what you did. The pictures being released are horrendous.

I know someone that has been guarding him for the past two years, he is extremely shy so I don't think this is a defense stunt. I'll repeat, the crime was past horrific, but when we, I mean the US society start bypassing trials for civilians just because......we lower ourselves against societies 'we' claim are soo barbaric. It may not be convenient, but it's what we do.