Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Trend of Pajamas on air

[ Edited ]

@Reever   Things are constantly changing.  Many in every past generation wanted things to stay the same as when they were young.  While it may make sense to you - changing to make life more comfortable and in line with the times makes sense to most now!!  The old time news reporters wore what was the norm back then.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the "legends" would give it a moment's thought.  In fact, if they were alive today and wanted to work, they'd adapt just as everyone else has.

Times change.  If you don't change with the times, you become rigid in your beliefs and get left behind.

PJs are the least of my concerns in these past few years.

Esteemed Contributor

So are we supposed to dress like we did in the 1600's?

Times change.

Deal with it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819, no need to always be so snarky. Nowhere were the 1600's ever mentioned. You seem so negative and bitter.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Anonymous032819, no need to always be so snarky. Nowhere were the 1600's ever mentioned. You seem so negative and bitter.

😆 😄 😆 😄 😆 😄 😋

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

This is so important that you need to complain about it...? With all that is going on in the world it surprises me anyone would even notice what they are wearing, much less care.

Valued Contributor

QVC and the hosts are t rying to sell a product and therefore must get across to their audience what that item is all about. 

Those who relate the news are selling something else--news.

It is not the same thing .

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

This is so important that you need to complain about it...? With all that is going on in the world it surprises me anyone would even notice what they are wearing, much less care.

Maybe it matters to them. I could say that about a lot of other things posted here as well. For example, I don't get why so many posters obsess over a certain ex-QVC host and her boat but they do. I guess to each his own!

Super Contributor

Re: Trend of Pajamas on air

[ Edited ]

I think this has more to do with generational attitudes about society "rules".

Years ago there was a "proper" way of dressing in public.  I can still remember when there was a hem length that was considered the "yearly" style. All women whether young or old had their dresses at that length. Women wore pantyhose.There were proper clothes to be worn at certain times (office, church, public).  Casual clothing was only for private times at home.

Rules in other areas were very firm too. No such thing as living together (living in sin) and if a girl got pregnant the couple would "have" to get married. Today?  No one blinks at cohabitation and the value of marriage has declined.

So now there are really no rules.  Skirt length? Anything you want plus who wears skirts when athleisure wear like leggings and sweatshirts are more comfortable? Many offices have ditched formal wear for casual.Wearing pajamas in public now is no big deal, I see people even in stores doing this.

I wish we could go back to a more "proper" time but I believe the super-casual, "there are no rules" trend is here to stay.

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever makes them happy.  Trying to relate to the viewers I guess.

I called my neighbor the other day and wanted to bring over a gift for her and her daughters.  She told me to wait a bit.. she had to get dressed... she was still in her pajamas.  It was 2pm