Trusted Contributor

Today marks the first anniversary of the shooting that killed 11 people. 

image.png

Regular Contributor

May their memories always be for a blessing. 

Trusted Contributor

Hard to believe a year has gone by.  May thier souls rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

Never forget! On another note I like the "Tree of Life" symbols and own a few jewelry pieces and some prints.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

Yes. May their memory be a blessing. We had an armed guard for a while at our synagogue but we just ran out of money. I heard the rabbi of Pittsburgh say that all synagogues should have an armed guard. It’s about $10000 a month and we try not to schedule anything in the weekday evenings. Some synagogues around us have guards but they have much wealthier members. Now nursery school parents are pulling their kids out. A real dilemma. 

Honored Contributor

God rest their souls

Respected Contributor

Re: Tree of Life Synagogue

[ Edited ]

I am a native Pittsburgher and never ever dreamed of such vicious attack on our Jewish community. When picking up my grandson from his daycare, I have passed Tree of Life many times. The congregation is slowly healing.. What makes this personal is reading about those who lost their lives on this terrible day. Thank you for posting this. We often beome complacant about the tragedies that have hit our country in recent years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tree of Life Synagogue

[ Edited ]

I had a family member who was killed, may he rest in peace. I dont think his immediate family will ever be at peace. 

BTW, 60 Minutes did a very interesting piece on this last Sunday, you can watch it online or On Demand

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

May their memory be a blessing, 

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have  a family member who was killed, may he rest in peace. I dontthink his immediate family will ever be at peace. 

BTW, 60 Minutes did a very interesting piece on this last Sunday, you can watch it online or On Demand

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

It was actually one year ago today - 10/27/18.