Honored Contributor

Arrgh, sometimes i long for the simpler times, before cell phones.

Packing for vacation, lets see what I need to remember, charger for my fit bit, charging cords teo i phones, mine and HD's, back up battery and universal plug, extra wall plug for the fit bit.

I know others bring a lot

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Traveling with Electronic

@I am still oxox,  are you intending to pack your backup battery in your checked luggage or carry on?  There are very specific rules for batteries, particularly lithium batteries.  It is my understanding that if your backup is a lithium type it has to go in your carry on and I also think it cannot be more than 30% charged.

If my understanding is wrong or the rules have changed I hope a frequent flyer will correct this information.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp 

My battery is in my carry on and an not sure if it is lithium or not 

thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's allowed or not but I just travelled with 8 regular AA batteries, 2 D batteries, all my charger wires and 3 fully charged backup chargers in my carryon. No problems.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

We only take what we really need.  Hubby doesn't take his Fitbit with him on vacation.  He can do fine without that.  We each take our phone chargers because he has an iphone and I have an adroid.  He does everything on his phone but I take my Kindle Fire, so I take the charger for that.  It doesn't seem like a lot to me.    

Honored Contributor

i have a small portfolio that has EXTRAS of almost  all of my chargers.

it keeps them all neat and organized. it holds quite a bit actually.....phone, tablet, facial device, ear buds and cases, cords, etc....)

i can just grab the entire thing and go.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

There is a whole section on batteries on the TSA site.  I followed it exactly, taping them together in a zip lock bag. TSA threw a fit. ???  I said, I followed the instructions on the TSA website.

He had no idea.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

And they site this:

The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Dcided to leave the Fitbit home and take my older Garmin, much smaller and does not need a charge