Honored Contributor

Re: Train Rapist Claims Encounter Was Consensual

So.........is it legal to have --- on a train in PA ????    The perp must have a few loose marbles.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm going to take the time to see the video, but based on comments here .... IMO he's either crazy, stupid ... or both.  

Who IS this homeless guy .... what's his story?

If this were to actually go to trial,  what can he say about this woman who he's saying it was consensual .... so, he knows her, right?  What can he tell about this woman whom he knows well enough to have consensual relations.

Or is he just stupid .... surely everyone knows THERE ARE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE.   So, stupid.   

Respected Contributor

The thing that bothers me is the assailant was pestering this woman for over thirty minutes before he actually raped her.

Why didn't she get up and move to another seat? She admitted she had been drinking, but she probably didn't even enter the train until maybe twenty minutes after leaving the bar. She should have been sobering up enough to have some awareness of the need to leave. Makes me wonder if there might be some drug usage involved.

I'm not blaming the victim, but we are all responsible for maximizing our personal safety.

Esteemed Contributor

i haven't seen the video either ,  but I believe the women if she claims she was raped .   i still can't get over that no one on that train helped her,   What is becoming of our society to not even call 911 or anything !!!   

Respected Contributor

NO means NO.  How many more centuries have to pass by until people get this?

Honored Contributor

I was hoping that a video wouldn't be made public for anyone to see someone victimized.  That should be kept private for law enforcement and those in a courtroom.

The Philadelphia Inquirer just posted an article saying that passengers aimed their smartphones at the attack.

Pigs all of them.

Honored Contributor

Of course.  What else can he say?  I suppose he could have said she raped him but they have the surveillance video.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not surprised this poor excuse for a man would say this.  Date rapers say the same thing (she wanted it).  He can forget it.  There is evidence and he's going to jail.  His arcse won't be homeless then, will he?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm going to take the time to see the video, but based on comments here .... IMO he's either crazy, stupid ... or both.  

Who IS this homeless guy .... what's his story?

If this were to actually go to trial,  what can he say about this woman who he's saying it was consensual .... so, he knows her, right?  What can he tell about this woman whom he knows well enough to have consensual relations.

Or is he just stupid .... surely everyone knows THERE ARE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE.   So, stupid.   

Who is the homeless guy?  What's his story?  

HE'S A HOMELESS GUY who just violated a woman.  That's HIS story!  You need to make him more than he is?

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

The thing that bothers me is the assailant was pestering this woman for over thirty minutes before he actually raped her.

Why didn't she get up and move to another seat? She admitted she had been drinking, but she probably didn't even enter the train until maybe twenty minutes after leaving the bar. She should have been sobering up enough to have some awareness of the need to leave. Makes me wonder if there might be some drug usage involved.

I'm not blaming the victim, but we are all responsible for maximizing our personal safety.

She should have not have had to move @PickyPicky3 .  I do see your point, but perhaps she thought he'd just stop.  Or at the very least continue to pester and not attempt to rape her.  Women get cat called and have all manner of derogatory things said to them in the streets and other places.  No means no.  Periodttttttttt.  She's the victim ya know!