Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl 

Here's another viewpoint, I was disappointed in what I purchased at Trader Joe's (frozen foods and snacks).....even the chips were stale I checked the expiration date....I think the store is overhyped....JMHO

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl

I'm too late to give you any suggestions (sorry!) which might be a good thing since I do most almost all of my food shopping there and have for well over a decade. Their stuff is fantastic and reasonably priced as well. My list would have been a mile long! Smiley Very Happy

My suggestion for people who want to shop at TJ's and aren't sure what to buy is to watch some of the hundreds of TJ hauls on Youtube. I have my favorites (two of them) but there are so many it shouldn't be hard to find one that suits you. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your replies.  Unfortunately, the line to get into the store was so long and the weather not so good that we could not go in.  Next time.  I did make a note of the things to buy, and I will take @SusieQ_2  advice and look on Youtube.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Our TJ store is out on the south end of town, near my dentist's office, so I don't get there too often.  One thing is that I wish the store weren't so small.  It was (haven't been there for couple yrs) always really busy, so the place would be quite packed.

One favorite thing of mine is not anything major - I love the milk chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bites.

Honored Contributor

We buy a huge bar of the Belgium chocolase and cut it into small squares, delish !!! My DH loves their choc covered ginger, they sell that in small containers, also choc covered raisins and other fruits. 

Honored Contributor

What I like most about Trader Joe's is no membership or e-coupons, etc. to worry about.

Easy-peasy.......Just walk in and enjoy shopping.

Prices are good, decent, too.  

The 'no-worry' shopping experience.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I don't understand why they don't have more stores. My closest one is 40 minutes away. 

I love the Tuscan bread plus a new one they have.

I love the frozen risotti from Italy (my country).I also love the frozen artichokes and corn. 

Respected Contributor
Nuts, milk, butter, flowers, plants, canned goods, cereal, meat is ok, prepared salads.

Produce is hit and miss, ready to eat frozen food like enchiladas, etc. are also so-so.
Respected Contributor
I haven’t been there in a long time. The store is small and often too many people even tho they do regulate.
Honored Contributor

I always buy their grilled chicken, it is so much better than Perdue Short Cuts, chopped salad, Hold The Cone mini ice cream cones, cauliflower stir fry, cauliflower gnocchi, cilantro chicken wontons, and more.