Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's, Pumpkin Edition

@Moonchilde@DiAnne

I had both kringles and prefer the almond one and YES the calories are better spent on the one you really enjoy. I've only tried the 2, isn't there another flavor in the spring?

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Moonchilde@DiAnne

I had both kringles and prefer the almond one and YES the calories are better spent on the one you really enjoy. I've only tried the 2, isn't there another flavor in the spring?

@Yahooey

I am not sure if there is another flavor but it does seem like there would be.  I love that almond one.  I cut it up into serving sizes, put small pieces of parchment paper between them and freeze the pieces to make it last longer.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I know what I am doing today. My dogs go CRAZY for those pumpkin or ginger snap flavored doggie treats. I always buy my doggie treat from there and tons of other things. I always get my flyer late as well so thanks for posting this!

I can't really eat sugar as it make me sick (gastric bypass) but a bit or two is okay 😜 But family loves pumpkin spiced things. My husband loves pumpkin ice cream with caramel sauce (egg nog ice cream with chocolate in winter!)

I love the cream cheese and the sugar content is low. But really, all of their stuff is good. Do they have their pumpkin stuffed ravioli again? That was so good.

Have to drop DH off this morning for an "ahem, colon procedure" and I have to be phone available. TJ's is close so yup....that's where I will be.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 I have the waffles but haven't tried them yet. They looked good!

I admit that every pumpkin offering isn't something I'd buy, and not everything pumpkin I've bought has been worthy of re-purchase IMO, but there are certain things I go for. When I went last week they didn't have the pumpkin spice k-cups in yet, so I want to get some of those, and definitely the pumpkin bread pudding.

For anyone who likes pumpkin spice coffee, TJ's is delicious. I started with the ground version years ago.

And FWIW, Starbucks now has bottled cold pumpkin spice frappuccino and it's WONDERFUL!

@Moonchilde....I just purchased some k-cups from keurig in the pumpkin spice and bag pumpkin spice from Starbucks.  And now you are tempting me with "STARBUCKS PUMPKIN SPICE FRAPPUCCINO"???  STOP THAT, lol.

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal

Yes i saw the pumpkin ravioli - i only have bought the butternut squash ravioli in the past. Are hey similiar?

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey

Yes, they are very similar in taste and texture.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@Moonchilde@DiAnne

@Yahooey

I am not sure if there is another flavor but it does seem like there would be.  I love that almond one.  I cut it up into serving sizes, put small pieces of parchment paper between them and freeze the pieces to make it last longer.

That's what I do too, @DiAnne - the cutting up and freezing.  @Yahooey, I won't swear to it because I'm not sure I've seen it myself, but I think there may be a raspberry kringle.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I was there today and bought the pumpkin cream cheese muffings and the pumpkin-shaped pasta.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@Moonchilde@DiAnne

@Yahooey

That's what I do too, @DiAnne - the cutting up and freezing.  @Yahooey, I won't swear to it because I'm not sure I've seen it myself, but I think there may be a raspberry kringle. 

@Moonchilde

I think there is a raspberry, too.   I love raspberry, I get it on a chocolate cake for my birthday.  That said, I really love marzipan so I go for the almond.

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to ask you all about a product I saw but didn't know how it would taste. I googled to get the proper name and it popped up - OMG this is plain crazy. Back to my question, how does it taste? It is the cider that is throwing me off. Is it sweet?

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 8.56.26 PM.png

@Yahooey, the flavor is apple with a strong hint of cinnamon and lots of tiny pieces of apple throughout. Yes, it's sweet--similar to any type of jam or preserves--and it's delicious!

For those who like a pumpkin cereal I recommend trying  Pumpkin Spice Cheerios. It's unusual for me to prefer another brand over Trader's but I find the Pumpkin O's to be too "puffy" for lack of a better word or maybe too filled with air. The O's are good, and I like them, but the Cheerios brand has the same texture as the others in their line and the flavor is very subtle. It's just a matter of preference. 

I'm hoping the Pumpkin Body Butter is returning this year. I love that stuff and just finished up my tub of Mango butter. My dog will be grateful for the suggestion of the pumpkin dog treats. I Heart fall!